Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NPC Spawn Issue: Quid Rilstone (/forums/showthread.php?t=812)

Glitch 11-12-2009 07:38 PM

Quid Rilstone

After doing extensive research on the spawn/pathing of Quid Rilstone in Rathe Mtns, I camped the spot and cleared greens for hours. Other people reported to me that they've been unable to find him as well.
As it turns out, he spawns in a different location here than my research on Allakhazam and various forums indicate.

As I've read, his spawn is supposed to be from a random placeholder (fire beetle, skeleton, brown bear, etc) in the northeast "bubble" of Rathe, south of the mountains that divide it in half. From what I gather, he is meant to spawn on the hillside, south of the orc camp, path along by the broken war machines (the catapults, etc), past the broken walls, then across to the gypsy camp, then north to the paladins on top of the mountains. It seems to be universally accepted that his placeholder/spawn is always on the south side of the mountain.

more information is found here
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3608

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1439

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3605
(people often ran into quid while camping this guy. He's spawning normally. I took him down twice while farming)

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5183
Shaman epic quest mob that spawns in the catapult ruins later on. people often found quid while camping him.

According to Xzerion, this is not where he currently spawns, so I just wanted to let you know that I'm almost certain this is the correct pathing.

and I've also wasted hours of my life. ahahah
Such is Classic, non? :)

mitic 10-20-2011 12:15 PM

so i wasted hours to hunt this fucker..ive been at paladins according to allakazam and ive been at druidring according to insider infos here

can i get at least an information if he spawns either at paladins or druidring hill?

thanks

Glitch 10-20-2011 02:09 PM

Big-up thread from 2009~

Akim 05-16-2012 07:20 AM

where?!

Snagglepuss 01-27-2013 02:00 AM

Bump for those with the knowledge...

Vladesch 01-27-2013 05:26 AM

His spawn is fine. I spawned him 3 times in a couple of hours a while back.
No idea what his ph is. Tho I suspect a lizardman.

He spawns south of the hill in the area with the paladins.

Snagglepuss 01-27-2013 10:43 AM

So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... :rolleyes:

mwatt 01-30-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagglepuss (Post 827752)
So just stick to killing anything and everything south of the hill? Anybody have any more information? Reminds me of how I used to spawn Quillmane back on live... :rolleyes:

Tried this on P99 for hours on multiple occasions. Never spawned. Maybe I was super unlucky (god knows that happens) or maybe his spawn is too infrequent? I dunno. The previous poster said he popped him 3X in 2 hours though. If that is truth.

Maceq 07-20-2013 02:37 PM

I was able to spawn him or at least kill him in about 15 minutes. Was killing everything between the paladins and the gypsy camp. I ran a little to the east toward Glaron the Wicked to kill a green when I saw him walking down the hill from the paladins. Light blue to a 51. Got the hood.

Thepen 08-05-2013 01:03 PM

Quid is incredibly easy to spawn unless he was changed recently. His PH respawns instantly. I was able to spawn Quid 2-3 times in under 60 seconds a few months ago. From what I've gathered he has 3 PH's, all which have different spawn locations, but each type of monster will always spawn in the same spot.

As for Quid, I've killed him 20+ times on R99, always spawns in the same spot.

I tried reporting the bug of him respawning instantly awhile back and the post was deleted.