Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bard DW Instruments (/forums/showthread.php?t=418235)

Helthor 04-26-2023 03:30 PM

Bard DW Instruments

If a bard is using a lute of the howler in primary for string and a horn in the secondary for brass, would both instrument mods apply? Example would be for ae kite and the convenience of not swapping instruments if they're both already equipped.

Andyman1022 04-26-2023 03:42 PM

You cannot equip a primary and secondary instrument at the same time. Secondary slot instruments require the primary slot to be empty to be equipped.

Crede 04-26-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helthor (Post 3605724)
If a bard is using a lute of the howler in primary for string and a horn in the secondary for brass, would both instrument mods apply? Example would be for ae kite and the convenience of not swapping instruments if they're both already equipped.

Only applies with epic. Can equip in secondary and then you find a primary only instrument to boost it even more since epic is 18 to all types including singing.

Toxigen 04-27-2023 08:36 AM

lute of howler + orb of tishan is pretty much all you need if you're grouping (til epic but scales lol)

Trelaboon 05-06-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3605949)
lute of howler + orb of tishan is pretty much all you need if you're grouping (til epic but scales lol)

I just started playing my Bard again, and hadn’t played him for years prior to that. What’s so nice about Orb in a group setting?

Snaggles 05-07-2023 01:26 AM

Good chance you don’t have an enchanter if you have a bard. Still very possible but less likely. Tash will help landing slows and snares.

Prob double orbs best way unless you are maxing health regen. Could swap out main hand for horn casts of McVaxius.

branamil 05-07-2023 01:55 AM

that is so fucking stupid lol. Unless you're "group" is fighting gwurms or juggs or something like that, no one has problems landing slows on the blue shit that 99.9999% of groups farm.

Snaggles 05-07-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by branamil (Post 3608747)
that is so fucking stupid lol. Unless you're "group" is fighting gwurms or juggs or something like that, no one has problems landing slows on the blue shit that 99.9999% of groups farm.

Meh then don’t use them. Easy enough. A bard doesn’t even “need” to melee in a group.

Ripqozko 05-07-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3608782)
Meh then don’t use them. Easy enough. A bard doesn’t even “need” a group.

Fixed

astuce999 05-10-2023 05:45 PM

Speaking of not grouping, as a solo bard, I do keep a variety of weapons:

Cat o nine tails (for the agility buff, makes a difference on low blue/dark green mobs)

Guardian Mace (for the AC buff)

Once those two have proc'ed, I'll usually switch to BoH mainhand (for the click), and Harmonic Dagger in secondary (for the occasional stun proc) when fighting easier mobs, otherwise it's a switch to drums/lute/horn for dots (all secondary instruments) and I keep a Sarnak Battleshield equipped in between instrument clicks.

I do have an orb but the last time it left my bag of holding was to fight gwurms.

cheers

Astuce