Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Rule clarification (/forums/showthread.php?t=426606)

baue1446 12-13-2023 03:16 PM

Rule clarification

If I am actively playing a toon and I have a friend who is not in the same house(other side of the country in fact) log into my other account and sit to collect xp. Is this legal? I am not boxing or using 2 computers. Just some random friend whos logging on my 2nd account and doing nothing.

Just wanted to know if this is breaking rules?

Sonolin 12-13-2023 04:25 PM

How are you getting exp while AFK though? I think that's the issue since I know AFK farming is against the rules.

baue1446 12-13-2023 04:37 PM

I am actively killing on one account. He is just afk in the group doing nothing on a separate account. Just want to know the legality of doing such a thing.

Troxx 12-13-2023 05:57 PM

Last I checked there is no law against joining a group and being afk to soak xp. People used to pay good money (in game plat) to be power leveled this way in chardok.

AFAIK if it’s 2 different people 2 different computers in different areas, not against the rule.

Caveat: might raise suspicion as these days anyone can phone tether and use a VPN to make it look like the other account is somewhere else. If people in charge noticed that an account logged in from your computer and your IP address is now soaking xp with another one of your accounts …

… might have some s’plaining to do.

I dunno.

PatChapp 12-13-2023 08:02 PM

A friend of mine leveled a couple toons this way. I would log in and join a group,goto work while he killed on his enchanter
Was never an issue. Gotta pick spots you can safely afk,or just flop if that's an option

enjchanter 12-13-2023 10:31 PM

The rule basically boils down to
If you fail the box test for any reason, you're banned

cd288 12-14-2023 01:38 PM

Not technically illegal. But if staff show up to subject you to a box test and your friend isn't there to do it (or otherwise fails the test somehow) then you'll basically be banned instantly.

Sonolin 12-14-2023 01:45 PM

Yea that's what I was thinking - if you're gonna be completely AFK it is risky since if you fail a box test you will most likely be banned. However, I very rarely ever see any CSR in game so I'm not sure how common if they happen at all anymore.

Rader 12-14-2023 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baue1446 (Post 3666249)
I am actively killing on one account. He is just afk in the group doing nothing on a separate account. Just want to know the legality of doing such a thing.

wizard life

cd288 12-14-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonolin (Post 3666360)
Yea that's what I was thinking - if you're gonna be completely AFK it is risky since if you fail a box test you will most likely be banned. However, I very rarely ever see any CSR in game so I'm not sure how common if they happen at all anymore.

You can be in game as CSR and not show up on any /who list if you want (or at least that's how it was back in the day). You can also obviously be completely invis.