Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Guard Ledshin WFP currently has See Invis (/forums/showthread.php?t=147893)

Imago 04-21-2014 01:19 AM

Guard Ledshin WFP currently has See Invis

Is this classic? Makes running through WFP rather dangerous for the darker varieties.

Potus 04-21-2014 01:56 AM

Nope, but one poster named Nirgon used EQMac as evidence that was and got it changed.

Here is my bug thread that got it reduced to a "chance" of him seeing invis, although I killed him a dozen times and he didn't see invis only once.

And I've never heard of a monster either spawning with or without the chance to see invis, especially not a guard who patrols the gatehouse in the most heavily traveled city in the game.

Nirgon 04-21-2014 10:53 AM

Also used a classic post as evidence. He's a see invis guard.

(try the sewers)

Bamz4l 04-21-2014 12:32 PM

further evidence to support the classicness:

Illia's Bestiary circa April 2000, players discuss /conning Guard Ledshin while invis:

http://web.archive.org/web/200201240....shtml?id=1084

Potus 04-21-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1422091)
Also used a classic post as evidence. He's a see invis guard.

(try the sewers)

Casters using sewers not classic. Also your commentor posts were wrong and never verified by Allakhazam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamz4l (Post 1422230)
further evidence to support the classicness:

Illia's Bestiary circa April 2000, players discuss /conning Guard Ledshin while invis:

I addressed this in bug post. Allakhazam never updated Ledshin to see invis (but they did Fikus). Everlore has 0 comments on Ledshin seeing invis. EQAtlas doesn't mention him either. If Ledshin had seen invis during classic everyone would have known about him. Every mob post for him on Everlore/Alla/SK and Necro sites would have said THIS GUY SEES INVIS. He would have been a bigger jerk than Sgt. Slate. People would have posted on all the sites warning people not to run invis through West Freeport. Why do we not see any of this shit on the various websites? Because Ledshin never saw invisibility.

TLDR; Ledshin never saw invis. Not classic. Nirgon bad poster.

Nirgon 04-21-2014 02:27 PM

This isn't hard to understand (for anyone).

I found a comment from the classic era supporting my claim. It was verified on EQ Mac, where the NPC exists unchanged.

-- Begin --

Ledshin:

Quote:

For some reason this guard can see invisible
Fikus:
http://web.archive.org/web/200201241....shtml?id=1100

Quote:

This is the guard that stands just inside the militia house near gates that always blows invis. :)
Now we just need to beef up their resists from my other thread :).

-- End --

Quote:

For some reason this guard can see invisible. I am KOS in west freeport and everytime I con him, its scowls ready to attack, while the others are indifferent. So keep an eye out for him if you are KOS. He usually walks around near the Freeport Militia House entrance.
End of story. Comment matches my memory, verified on EQ Mac.

One player specifically agrees:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xadion (Post 1260090)
Indeed I remeber this on live, I always had to kill him to then single lucan (yes u could! %$%$## agro chain mechanics!!!)

but anywho..yeah it was annoying that this dude would sit there and be like "hit!"

If you want him to "sometimes" see invis, I suggest that you shoulda killed him a couple times to prove he can spawn without see invis or asking someone on EQ Mac to do the same. There is NO mistake he is a see invis guard.

I let this go because, at first, you weren't a huge cry baby and stalked my threads about it and I'm not here to dog the devs to undo something they did to alleviate some tears. It's supposed to be a patrolling see invis guard, learn to use the sewers as a dark race (intended/classic).

We have a dark race/necro not using the sewers claiming necros were useless in PvP in classic. Enough with trolling bugs because you got splatted and don't read patch notes/didn't traverse classic Freeport enough as a dark race. K?

Potus 04-21-2014 03:37 PM

Guard Ledshin's Everlore. No See Invis.

Guard Fikus's Allakhazam. Confirmed sees invisibility. No confirmation on Ledshin ever by Allakhazam. No further posts after your magical two talking about his see'ing invis.

Sorry, you're simply wrong, all you have is 2 posts from people that were never verified by Allakhazam throughout the entire history of West Freeport. It should have never been changed by the developers here.

Colgate 04-21-2014 03:59 PM

the argument that no one on everlore said he sees invis comes no where close to trumping the mountains of evidence suggesting that he does

Potus 04-21-2014 04:10 PM

What mountain of evidence. Also Colgate white knighting Nirgon? Why I never.

Potus 04-21-2014 04:14 PM

Mountain of evidence: two anonymous posts that even the Allakhazam mods ignored.

MOUNTAINS of EVIDENCE guys. MOUNTAINS.