Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Starting a red enchanter. 1st toon (/forums/showthread.php?t=368406)

Oddbaal 09-23-2020 10:31 AM

Starting a red enchanter. 1st toon

After playing green and blue for awhile, the time has finally come and I’ve considered red. I’m drawn in because I’m mostly solo, limited playtime, and the exp modifier caught my eye.

Never tried the enchanter but I feel it’s time!

Are there any active guilds that would have me? Slow leveler, filthy casual type. Just playing for the love of the game only and to enjoy the grind.

Oddbaal 09-23-2020 01:18 PM

https://ibb.co/YXgrYNF

The moment I knew the server was right for me.

First toon was actually a monk. I’d never tried one of those before either so I figured why not? Named him weightless and told myself I wouldn’t collect any loot early to make leveling simpler for my mind.

So here I am, punching the shit out of some skeletons, just hit level 2 when a dude rolls up on me and starts chopping at my ankles. Kills my ass. Twice. I’m like damn! Welcome to red I guess.

My spawn point is super close to qeynos gates and I see the guy sitting by the guards. I can’t start off on the server like this, so I walk up on him and start punching him in the face as he’s sitting there. The guards see me, and they must really not like this guy because as soon as I start punching him they come to my aid and whoop his fkn ass.

I’ll call that my first kill, sure why not.

... I’ll still be sticking to that enchanter though. Currently level 4

Baler 09-23-2020 06:14 PM

Hey Oddbaal I think we crossed pathes a couple times on green. I'm happy to see you considering red!

I know sanctuary use to be on red unsure if they're still the active leveling guild.
Grats on your first kill! :D

The best advise I can give,.. Don't give up!
Also sometimes your enemies can be allies in order to kill a target (another player character). ;)

elkboot 09-23-2020 10:13 PM

Welcome to the server Oddbaal.

Googi 09-24-2020 09:21 AM

Looks like a luclin UI how did you manage that

El Camacho 09-24-2020 09:31 AM

Anyone is welcome to join Sanctuary. Can usually find a port and bind when you need one. Sometimes some runs around buffing lowbies.

If you are anon you will mostly get missed by this

Grouping is hit or miss as the go to spots are changing right now, pop is low and split over a few guilds. Just ask in guildchat and ooc.

the first 20 levels are the hardest as most blow through those in a day or two.

ricquire 09-24-2020 01:32 PM

If you make it to NFP and make it believable your new, generally tons of people have good starter gear. Enchanters are super easy to gear on a budget too.

Plan to do all your banking there if possible, on a lvl 1. It will suck doing drop transfers initially, but also most "day to day" traders will do you an xfer because they won't risk their banks on not being honest.

Just hit me up in ooc or in disc if you make it to nfp and ill hook you up.

Tassador 09-24-2020 02:02 PM

If you need starter gear on an empty server with 30x exp prob time to play wow or something else.

Don’t worry about pvp there isn’t enough people to kill dragons on this server.

Disease 09-24-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassador (Post 3186073)
If you need starter gear on an empty server with 30x exp prob time to play wow or something else.

Don’t worry about pvp there isn’t enough people to kill dragons on this server.

Average 1.1 posts a day for 9 years. Let that sink in.