Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Is there any way to make the Warden Symbol quests less frustrating? (/forums/showthread.php?t=418791)

Loadsamoney 05-10-2023 01:49 PM

Is there any way to make the Warden Symbol quests less frustrating?

Been at this for about 8 in-game night cycles now, only ended up with two hearts because the ghasts are sparse and the heart drop is fairly uncommon, and Larik still hasn't shown up despite killing his PH every time it pops at 8PM, 2AM and 6AM.

This is turning into a much bigger time sink than I expected it to be.

Snaggles 05-10-2023 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3609674)
Been at this for about 8 in-game night cycles now, only ended up with two hearts because the ghasts are sparse and the heart drop is fairly uncommon, and Larik still hasn't shown up despite killing his PH every time it pops at 8PM, 2AM and 6AM.

This is turning into a much bigger time sink than I expected it to be.

I would go grind and keep an eye on the timer. Gate back and wolf form (no brownie aggro) and run around tracking.

It’s really annoying. Give it a few night cycles, you will get them.

Loadsamoney 05-10-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaggles (Post 3609681)
I would go grind and keep an eye on the timer. Gate back and wolf form (no brownie aggro) and run around tracking.

It’s really annoying. Give it a few night cycles, you will get them.

Wolf form avoids Brownie aggro? Big help! Thanks.

Never understood why so much dangerous nonsense was in this zone. It's supposed to be a lowbie zone connected to a newbie zone and you've got brownies, dark elves, shadowed men and that stupid SK unicorn that always murders me.

Loadsamoney 05-10-2023 02:52 PM

Just to be sure, do I kill all four undead around the tower where Larik is supposed to spawn, or just the one at the bottom step? Or do I not kill them at all and let them repop naturally? I'm not sure.

Loadsamoney 05-10-2023 06:32 PM

Okay, dunno if any of what I read actually makes a difference, but I read to kill the undead around the obelisk until it's skeletons only, and use the initiates symbol while standing on the obelisk. Sure enough at 8pm he finally popped, and then the courier a bit later.

I nearly died tracking the courier because I ran too close to the dark elf camp, but I got it down. Only the warden symbol left to go after.

Loadsamoney 05-10-2023 08:38 PM

Knocked it out.

https://i.imgur.com/P4tYYyp.png

Like I said, I hope this thing was worth it.

Snaggles 05-10-2023 11:35 PM

Nice work!

Ripqozko 05-10-2023 11:53 PM

nice you are 46 now, zumbutu can get you your epic now, just make sure to remind the guild a few times.

Loadsamoney 05-11-2023 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3609821)
nice you are 46 now, zumbutu can get you your epic now, just make sure to remind the guild a few times.

I'm not gonna bother them about it yet, I don't want to come off as a leech. I'm going to start working on it at 51.

Jimjam 05-11-2023 01:38 AM

A druid without epic is more of a leech than one with.

People are in guilds cos they want to help each other, especially first time mains, get pixels.

They’ll jump at the chance to help you. I know I would.