Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Target of target macro? (/forums/showthread.php?t=419334)

raengrey 05-24-2023 04:45 PM

Target of target macro?

Hunted around quite a bit, didn't find an answer to this.

I know I can make a macro that says "/ass Fred" and I will assist him. But what I want is a macro where I can press F4, for example, and assist that person. In other games it's called target of target but it doesn't seem to work here.

I tried "/ass %T" (without the quotes obviously) but that didn't work.

Is there a way? Thanks.

Jimjam 05-24-2023 05:22 PM

Bind the f4 key to target group member 4 and to the hotkey with your assist button.

Have the first line with a short /pause* and the second line with just /ass.

This will target player 4 and then assist them momentarily later.

* you may need a second command on line one to make this work. Emotes are good for this kind of thing.

Edit:
Just /assist with no name will assist whoever is on target atm. Type /assist again to assist that target’s target.

raengrey 05-24-2023 06:06 PM

Yeah, thanks, I remember now. I was thinking the macro had to have a target of some sort specified, but of course you’re right, /assist all by itself does what I wanted.

Doh! It’s been a while, but it’s slowly coming back.

Thanks for the reply.

Lifebar 05-25-2023 09:11 AM

I'm out of P99 since before some of the changes, but I think 'cycle through nearby PCs' has been disabled--which is sad. As a cleric, in lieu of that, I would often keep the mob as my target and /assist to get their target so I'm on whoever they're attacking. I never had luck with '/assist name' cause I can't remember to change the hotkey and people die.

rockstar3 05-25-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifebar (Post 3613375)
I'm out of P99 since before some of the changes, but I think 'cycle through nearby PCs' has been disabled--which is sad. As a cleric, in lieu of that, I would often keep the mob as my target and /assist to get their target so I'm on whoever they're attacking. I never had luck with '/assist name' cause I can't remember to change the hotkey and people die.

Cycle through nearest PCs works on Blue, but its a pretty short range.