Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   DRUID CHARMING - GOBLIN RING - LOCATIONS (/forums/showthread.php?t=423609)

Pixio 09-14-2023 10:01 AM

DRUID CHARMING - GOBLIN RING - LOCATIONS

I am level 56. I have never charmed. I know that's not good. I want to learn to charm and do it til 60.

Hoping someone can share the spell lineup for charming and a list of locations and any tips. I have been saving up for Goblin ring. Many people recommend having one.

I have heard Bear Pits recommended a lot but seems very tricky to get there. I saw a video where a guy had to jump down, then bind, then gate out. Seems like you get get in a Permadeath situation if you don't know what you're doing. (That's me).

Please discuss and any other help on Druid 56-60 solo locations/strategy is appreciated.

strongNpretty 09-14-2023 10:24 AM

Maybe Chardok? Charming the little dinosaurs?

Toxigen 09-14-2023 01:24 PM

Yeah Chardok is the only realistic option to bear pits.

Its pretty sweet, can bind right outside and if you get in trouble just gate out and start over. Also plenty of drive-by C2s from farming enchanters.

You can always try to find a similar level enchanter and convince them to come duo with you! Or hell, even another druid.

Goblin ring is not a requirement at all. I never had one on my druid and I charmed 20-60. I do recommend the tunare DS gloves and velious BP + wrist clicks, though.

edit: getting to pits isnt that scary...you could hire a monk to train the giants for you...you just want to have the path memorized (or a video up on one screen simultaneous with your attempt)...bind as soon as you land in the pit and immediately port out

PatChapp 09-14-2023 02:45 PM

You might get lucky and there's no see invis giants either. Sometimes you can just run right in

loramin 09-14-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3644374)
Goblin ring is not a requirement at all. I never had one on my druid and I charmed 20-60.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3FBwwRCNTSa52/giphy.gif

Crede 09-14-2023 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixio (Post 3644331)
I am level 56. I have never charmed. I know that's not good. I want to learn to charm and do it til 60.

Hoping someone can share the spell lineup for charming and a list of locations and any tips. I have been saving up for Goblin ring. Many people recommend having one.

I have heard Bear Pits recommended a lot but seems very tricky to get there. I saw a video where a guy had to jump down, then bind, then gate out. Seems like you get get in a Permadeath situation if you don't know what you're doing. (That's me).

Please discuss and any other help on Druid 56-60 solo locations/strategy is appreciated.

Bear pits are best. Not hard. Fall down bind and port. Or cap out if you’re scared. Basically hug right past igs then turn left up the ramp and drop down by the terror. There’s a bind spot by wall. there’s videos out there to help. Takes a minimal amount of effort overall for huge xp gains. Chardok is better for duo/group situations. Gluck

Kawhi 09-18-2023 12:10 PM

This is a few days old so maybe not helpful now but if you don't even know a spell lineup to use, then it's probably best to start out charming some pretty easy stuff in outdoor zones to build up the muscle memory of what to do when you get a break.

I don't know a spell lineup for druids. But a lot handling charm breaks is to get all of the steps you need to do to get your pet re-charmed on autopilot so you don't even have to think about it.

The ring is really convenient but not required. You can always sell it if you need pp. I'd definitely get one.

zelld52 09-20-2023 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3644485)
Bear pits are best. Not hard. Fall down bind and port. Or cap out if you’re scared. Basically hug right past igs then turn left up the ramp and drop down by the terror. There’s a bind spot by wall. there’s videos out there to help. Takes a minimal amount of effort overall for huge xp gains. Chardok is better for duo/group situations. Gluck

plzrelax 11-15-2023 05:46 PM

If you do Chardok, you can get the snare earring that drops at the CE camp. I did 55-60 there on my Druid and had a lot of fun soloing, duoing and grouping with all sorts of different classes.

Toxigen 11-16-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plzrelax (Post 3661239)
If you do Chardok, you can get the snare earring that drops at the CE camp. I did 55-60 there on my Druid and had a lot of fun soloing, duoing and grouping with all sorts of different classes.

Its definitely more fun / challenge than snoozefest pits that for sure.

Just sucks when you run out of dogs nearby. Duo helps big time, literally any class will do. Just find someone willing, go pick em up, and lay waste.