Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Most gear dependent non-tank? (/forums/showthread.php?t=430750)

Philistine 04-27-2024 03:24 PM

Most gear dependent non-tank?

Hey all!

I started a warrior because I was drawn to how meaningful gear is for them, and have really enjoyed feeling the impact of getting better and better gear for mine.

My warrior is nearing his final state (not BIS or anything), and I'm trying to decide what to work on next. I'm curious for people's thoughts on what the most gear dependent non-tank class is? When I say "gear dependent" I mean like, the difference between a freshly 60 EC geared toon and a pretty decked out one is particularly noticeable and meaningful in a raiding context.

It might be like a rogue absolutely shreds stuff when geared vs meh when EC + epic, or a bard survives kites way easier with big hp and saves.

I'm reasonably familiar with the game, but am having trouble focusing in on something and am interested to hear what people think!

Anyone have thoughts on it?

Thanks!

DeathsSilkyMist 04-27-2024 03:38 PM

I assume by tank you strictly mean Warrior/Paladin/Shadowknight only. I just want to clarify since Monks aren't a tank class, but are quite tanky.

Melee-wise Rogue/Monk/Ranger will all see noticeable gains with great gear as opposed to meh EC or self found gear.

Caster-wise Shamans see a large boost in power when fully geared. Having Epic, Fungi Tunic, Fungi Staff, JBB, and Black Fur Boots is much stronger than a Shaman with just basic EC gear filling their slots while leveling. Torpor is a game changer too. You will play differently once you get Torpor.

Gustoo 04-27-2024 07:39 PM

Is there really more level 60 shamans than there are copies of torpor?

Trexller 04-27-2024 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3682796)
Is there really more level 60 shamans than there are copies of torpor?

Doubt it. Not too long ago i offered a fungi for torpor. Got one instantly

spoil 04-27-2024 09:13 PM

Shamanquest is real. Lots of people want to solo farm stuff, few can play enchanter.

PatChapp 04-28-2024 07:32 AM

Yeah shaman has the lazy playstyle appeal, but a lot of people abandon them when they get finished.
Kinda boring at 60.

Evia 04-28-2024 03:40 PM

My vote is for Monk or Ranger. I think they're a lot of fun to gear up, and noticeable when you get a big upgrade. Rogue was pretty fun as well...but idk I think Monk or Ranger would be a bit more noticeable.

Scroll 04-28-2024 07:43 PM

Monk.

Toxigen 04-29-2024 10:58 AM

its monk by a mile

cd288 04-29-2024 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evia (Post 3682853)
My vote is for Monk or Ranger. I think they're a lot of fun to gear up, and noticeable when you get a big upgrade. Rogue was pretty fun as well...but idk I think Monk or Ranger would be a bit more noticeable.

Generally agree if we're talking "noticeable" in terms of just general feel/at a glance

But if you're parsing DPS in a raid context, a really well geared Rogue can be unreal in terms of seeing the output