Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bard Starting Stat Debate Time, You Nerds (/forums/showthread.php?t=415856)

ya.dingus 02-27-2023 04:13 PM

Bard Starting Stat Debate Time, You Nerds

Alright, starting allocations:

All into Dex or All into Cha?

I'm thinking all into Dex because it has an immediate return of not missing notes a billion times and each note not missed is one less wrist imploding motion over your long term bard career.

Also, CHA doesnt seem to really affect resist crit rates over 200.

Sources:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Bard

Quote:

Dexterity - Affects how often weapons proc, how quickly you learn melee skills and reduces the chance to miss a note, bringing your song to a close (song fizzle). In a test comparing 100 songs on a 60 bard with 100 base DEX, 7 notes were missed. On geared 167 total DEX, 131 songs before a single note was missed.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6733

Quote:

GZ confirmed that the soft cap on Charisma is 200
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

Quote:

95 cha (35.5%) - Crit every 11.3 casts
200 cha (7%) - Crit every 57.1 casts
255 cha (6%) - Crit every 66.7 casts

(assuming I did my math right hah)

I mean, that makes CHA sound pretty valuable as a pulling aid right up to 255. However I still really want to emphasize that the 7% vs 6% is such a small difference for a sample size of 200 that it could easily be noise and it is possible there is not actually any benefit above 200. I seriously doubt this, but these numbers don't rule that out.

DeathsSilkyMist 02-27-2023 04:21 PM

You should take a look at bard equipment and see what stat is harder to cap, DEX or CHA. Put points into whichever one is harder to cap. My hunch says CHA will be harder to cap with raid gear, but I am not 100% sure.

ya.dingus 02-27-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3581405)
You should take a look at bard equipment and see what stat is harder to cap, DEX or CHA. Put points into whichever one is harder to cap. My hunch says CHA will be harder to cap with raid gear, but I am not 100% sure.

Hnnnnggg but that takes more work on my own rather than asking someone who already knooooowwwss

Crede 02-27-2023 04:29 PM

Go STA. There’s a thread a few days old in this same class forum thread where this has already been discussed in detail

ya.dingus 02-27-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3581409)
Go STA. There’s a thread a few days old in this same class forum thread where this has already been discussed in detail

Not going to convince me that 100 or less extra HP is significant enough to matter when HP pools are over 4k.

Just insane people still hold this idea.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

Quote:

Level 60 STA to HP Conversions
CLASS Hitpoint returns
WAR 1 STA = 6 HP
SHD / PAL 1 STA = 5.2 HP
RNG 1 STA = 4.2 HP
BRD / MNK / ROG 1 STA = 4 HP
CLR / DRU / SHM 1 STA = 3 HP
ENC / MAG / NEC / WIZ 1 STA = 2.4 HP
NOTE: Conversions scale up with level, this chart only shows level 60.
Level 50 STA to HP Conversions
CLASS Hitpoint returns
WAR 1 STA = 4.5 HP
SHD / PAL 1 STA = 3.8 HP
RNG 1 STA = 3.3 HP
BRD / MNK / ROG 1 STA = 3.0 HP
CLR / DRU / SHM 1 STA = 2.5 HP
ENC / MAG / NEC / WIZ 1 STA = 2.0 HP

Toxigen 02-27-2023 04:36 PM

sounds like you already convinced yourself to go all dex

enjoy your shit character

ya.dingus 02-27-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3581413)
sounds like you already convinced yourself to go all dex

enjoy your shit character

Actual stats or math please. Posting like a passive-aggressive housewife won't win you any arguments here.

Crede 02-27-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ya.dingus (Post 3581410)
Not going to convince me that 100 or less extra HP is significant enough to matter when HP pools are over 4k.

Just insane people still hold this idea.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

This is a game of inches. Bards just need to survive. Arguably more insane to think 25 extra dex or cha matters on a bard either. I’ve played a bard to 60, have you? Hp is king for them.

ya.dingus 02-27-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3581417)
This is a game of inches. Bards just need to survive. Arguably more insane to think 25 extra dex or cha matters on a bard either. I’ve played a bard to 60, have you? Hp is king for them.

100 hp wont save you from anything. You're mistaking talking about the length in your pants rather than effectiveness in the game (Both come up short, HEYO!).

You either have the resistances to live through a majority of aoes or you dont.

And don't act like kiting in large zones is going to make or break you on an extra 80 hp. If you get caught training the zone around on your bard, or blinded during fear kites, or whatever other nonsense, not having that 80 hp wont matter.

Arguing against boomer logic here is just so painful (It's always been done this way, we can't possibly have it wrong! AKA resistance to change in the face of overwhelming information). People absolutely refuse to acknowledge that with the information we have about mechanics now and stat contributions, people have been playing EQ less than optimally for over two decades.

Go work your 9-5 in office hours while the rest of us telecommute.

Begone with you.

P.S. yes, I have.

patrick210 02-27-2023 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ya.dingus (Post 3581414)
Actual stats or math please. Posting like a passive-aggressive housewife won't win you any arguments here.

he's right, you posted for validation on your assumption, not to hear other peoples opinions. wake up
just make your toon and enjoy :) dont attack others for stating opinions you asked for lmao.