Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I Tried the Al'kabor Project, March 2022 so you dont have too... (/forums/showthread.php?t=400026)

Gatorsmash 03-03-2022 02:02 PM

I Tried the Al'kabor Project, March 2022 so you dont have too...

I might have made an account years ago at its launch but never played, and I haven't played Blue or Green in years but got the itch to play EQ after watching SuperBits & Bob playing on it, so downloaded the latest client. Its in PoP now and the client is complete dogshit. Fucking shit is broken from the moment you try to make a character lol, and it just goes down hill from there. So much stuff was broken or missing from their "2002" snap shot im not going to list it all. So thanks BOB and your welcome.

I did jump on Red, which feels like your own giant instanced server but I'm enticed about doing some shit thats not perma camped and messing around till Green 2.0

starkind 03-03-2022 02:05 PM

Gatorsmash best kept secret of EQ praS

Trexller 03-03-2022 02:37 PM

yeah thats bs.

i play there alot with no issues.

OP doesn't know how to make software run.

Gatorsmash 03-03-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3430459)
yeah thats bs.

i play there alot with no issues.

OP doesn't know how to make software run.

-making a Vah Shir character crashes you to start screen (still cant make one)
-draw distance slider is broken, setting it to max sets it to around half? and setting it to around 50% gives me close max draw distance
-[UI keybind tab] keys dont turn red when used more than once so when I set up my binds you gotta search thru that shit to make sure its not being used.
-lighting on mobs is totally fucked

....just off the top of my head after playing for 15 mins. But ya, its me :rolleyes:. We wont even talk about the textures or how the entrance to NEC from nektulos looks straight up drawn by a 3rd grader. Its so off I didn't know what it was for a second lol running back.

starkind 03-03-2022 03:18 PM

Takp client is gud. And the takp network code works now. It's the one invalid part of OPs rant. Tho I'm sure it's very real to the OP and totally valid from their perspective.

Trexller 03-03-2022 03:21 PM

theres tons of vah shir on the server, so ppl are rollin' em

i haven't experienced any of what you mentioned

are you using secrets' client? its the old mac client adapted for windows, you may need to tune it a bit

on win10pro I didn't have to do much, it has been very stable.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?titl...ted_on_Windows

they have forums for this tech help too

Tunabros 03-03-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorsmash (Post 3430484)
-making a Vah Shir character crashes you to start screen (still cant make one)
-draw distance slider is broken, setting it to max sets it to around half? and setting it to around 50% gives me close max draw distance
-[UI keybind tab] keys dont turn red when used more than once so when I set up my binds you gotta search thru that shit to make sure its not being used.
-lighting on mobs is totally fucked

....just off the top of my head after playing for 15 mins. But ya, its me :rolleyes:. We wont even talk about the textures or how the entrance to NEC from nektulos looks straight up drawn by a 3rd grader. Its so off I didn't know what it was for a second lol running back.

lol what

I've been messing around with takp for a bit and it runs like butter

hell, it runs way better than the p99 client

Gatorsmash 03-03-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3430488)
Takp client is gud. And the takp network code works now. It's the one invalid part of OPs rant. Tho I'm sure it's very real to the OP and totally valid from their perspective.

That reminds me! Ping was rolling between 80 and 1k But I didn’t really see a difference in game. I even logged in to P 99 to check because I thought maybe something was going on in the background on my PC but it was in my normal stable 30.

And this wasn’t a rant, I was trying to be funny at the same time pointing out some of the glaring buggy issues starting on TAKP. And when I went to the discord they were talking about Agro issues and memmbler issues so got some giant flaws. But knock yourself out if that’s what you’re into.

Trexller 03-03-2022 03:50 PM

they did mess with something recently that borked agro a little bit, its far from game breaking, and you would need to do more than "Just log on for the first time today" to really notice it, like tank in a full group with multiple mobs coming at once.

something's up.

Pulgasari 03-05-2024 12:07 AM

Quarm is immensely popular and it's the same exact fucking thing.

Flagging my necro next.