Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   EQ sounds in Other things. (/forums/showthread.php?t=403466)

Jibartik 05-24-2022 04:00 PM

EQ sounds in Other things.

I love when I hear EQ sounds in other things, I've always wanted to create a thread where we can keep track of all of them.

I just caught this one in some random Egypt documentary :D

Mblake1981 05-24-2022 06:17 PM

Several of the sound effects came from a special sound effects CD from the later 90s. Some of them are shared in other games of the time, like Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall (still the best name)

Trexller 05-24-2022 09:04 PM

wayyy back in the day when I was a kid, I heard the "level up ding" sound on a nickelodeon game show.

I didn't have the words at the time, but I knew that was some bullshit.

Mblake1981 05-24-2022 09:52 PM

A large portion of it literally came from a sounds effects CD package. I found it linked via a EQ board talking about sound effects. My apologies, I normally link these to share but I have lost that information. IIRC it was multiple CD's and many hours long, all sorts of sounds and noises. One poster pointed out they might've mixed some of the sounds to make something different. But some were straight off the disk.

Edit: To Jib's point, the CD's came from a studio, so they could be in other places besides EQ. I guess its another interesting thing about this game.

KyotaP99 05-24-2022 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mblake1981 (Post 3462099)
A large portion of it literally came from a sounds effects CD package. I found it linked via a EQ board talking about sound effects. My apologies, I normally link these to share but I have lost that information. IIRC it was multiple CD's and many hours long, all sorts of sounds and noises. One poster pointed out they might've mixed some of the sounds to make something different. But some were straight off the disk.

Edit: To Jib's point, the CD's came from a studio, so they could be in other places besides EQ. I guess its another interesting thing about this game.

https://www.sound-ideas.com/Product/...Effect-Library

Jibartik 05-25-2022 01:23 AM

I have definitely heard stuff in big Hollywood movies, but I have forgotten them. Every time i wanted to post on P99 I should have then!

Naethyn 05-25-2022 01:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg

5 seconds in

Jibartik 05-25-2022 01:37 AM

fffff that is a good one wow hahah!!!!!!

Ooloo 05-25-2022 12:29 PM

I've definitely heard the quest turn in fanfare in a million things, mostly on nickelodeon for some reason