Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Still have an 8-slot bag of manastones (/forums/showthread.php?t=408460)

Castle2.0 09-25-2022 09:26 AM

Still have an 8-slot bag of manastones

Trying to find cool stuff for which to trade. Thoughts?

Worry 09-25-2022 10:54 AM

You could set a record in fastest manastone giveaway to Worry in P99 history.

PlsNoBan 09-25-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3509890)
Trying to find cool stuff for which to trade. Thoughts?

Did you script/bot all those manastones with 1 character/account or multiple? I suspect it'd be too suspicious to do it all with 1 character right? Asking for a friend

Jibartik 09-25-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3509890)
Thoughts?

You might be able to trade them for your virginity.

But for real, that is 8 amazing contests dude if true.

unsunghero 09-25-2022 03:02 PM

I’m a noob, aren’t these kind of just a vanity item? Don’t they not work past a certain level or on certain continents? I thought I remember hearing about that

I don’t recall hearing about them being transformative for a char, not like the bard epic or certain other clickies can be

Jibartik 09-25-2022 03:10 PM

Teleportation classes can use it to full mana with a quick zone and gate. And it works in a lot of camps people do regularly.

And its bad ass!!

#skulls

Also there are some other crazy reasons Im sure IDK

And twinkage!!

PlsNoBan 09-25-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3510071)
I’m a noob, aren’t these kind of just a vanity item? Don’t they not work past a certain level or on certain continents? I thought I remember hearing about that

I don’t recall hearing about them being transformative for a char, not like the bard epic or certain other clickies can be

They don't work in Kunark/Velious zones. That's really the only limitation. They're extremely good for classic zones and especially porting classes that can quickly port to WC or something then spam to full mana and gate back to wherever they want. What they SHOULD do is make them drop forever and remove the zone limitations. P99 is already not classic let's just make a few more not classic changes to actually improve the player experience imo :)

PatChapp 09-25-2022 05:07 PM

They were awesome for leveling clerics when the hole still had people in it.

PlsNoBan 09-25-2022 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3510099)
They were awesome for leveling clerics when the hole still had people in it.

A fully kitted cleric with prenerf donal BP and manastone in classic zones was fucking bananas lol. I remember seeing one as an oog healer for a guk group one time and it was the most insane shit ever. Infinite mana cleric with undead nukes rofl

Bodybagger 09-25-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3510074)
They don't work in Kunark/Velious zones. That's really the only limitation. They're extremely good for classic zones and especially porting classes that can quickly port to WC or something then spam to full mana and gate back to wherever they want. What they SHOULD do is make them drop forever and remove the zone limitations. P99 is already not classic let's just make a few more not classic changes to actually improve the player experience imo :)

the people with manastones dont need quality of life improvements lol

give us all the nexus and no bazaar so we can destroy big druid, down with dial a port servitude, glory to guild druids!