Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Iksar Monk and Iksar Necro's this November twink list (/forums/showthread.php?t=355900)

Cen 04-17-2020 03:28 PM

Iksar Monk and Iksar Necro's this November twink list

What is the classic into Kunark twink list for these two? Monks probably more important I guess.. so what can a level 1 Iksar of these two classes be wielding? I know the wiki has some answers but don't need the exact things, just a few good ideas I can pre-prepare like some solusek necro items and some monk questy items and such :p Its not a BIS list more of a nice set of ideas for some fun before iksars come out..

Example: an Iksar monk has some good 1hb and 2hb options in kunark that might not be available day 1 but close, but also the classic ideas. In classic they dont have many weapons at all to choose from!

loramin 04-17-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 3113224)
Monks probably more important I guess

Having twinked my Necro on Blue as much as I could without going nuts (eg. buying him a z heart or Velious armor MQs), I can confirm there's really not a ton you can do to twink a necro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer has some ideas, and it even has era tags so you can see what little is classic.

Of course, you can get them some decent robes with decent stats and stuff, but it really won't make a huge difference, because the class solos mainly on spellpower, not gear. You give even a a low-level Shaman a fungi, maybe a haste belt and a proccing weapon, and it makes a very big difference, but Necros just aren't able to get better at leveling through gear in the same way.

Twink the monk :)

Porcoa 04-17-2020 03:47 PM

ctrl+f "fist"

inb4 fist

Cen 04-17-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3113229)
Having twinked my Necro on Blue as much as I could without going nuts (eg. buying him a z heart or Velious armor MQs), I can confirm there's really not a ton you can do to twink a necro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Necromancer has some ideas, and it even has era tags so you can see what little is classic.

Of course, you can get them some decent robes with decent stats and stuff, but it really won't make a huge difference, because the class solos mainly on spellpower, not gear. You give even a a low-level Shaman a fungi, maybe a haste belt and a proccing weapon, and it makes a very big difference, but Necros just aren't able to get better at leveling through gear in the same way.

Twink the monk :)

Its moreso the monk than the necro really, the Necro is more a fashion twink I suppose. Robe of Shroudment looks great of course ;D

Taiku 04-17-2020 04:13 PM

Generic HP items are always nice on either class! (And STR is pretty nice on necro for hauling ill-gotten goods from hours of camping elf guards)
Diamondine Earring
Djarns Amethyst Ring
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring
Hooded Black Cloak
Drake-hide Sleeves
Glowing Bone Collar

As far as monk specifically? FBSS and Sharkbone Warhammer x2 maybe? Are those even better than bare hands?

Jimjam 04-17-2020 04:30 PM

Take your 50 main to CoM to loot a wqs then reroll to your monk. Maybe get a couple of those nuke staves for fun too.

Cen 04-17-2020 05:06 PM

I was thinking on Monk to do some budget HP rings, a set of cured silk armor, one great one hand blunt weapon (to keep skill max), and one great 2 hand blunt. Thanks for the jewelry ideas Taiku.

I only have about 1k in gold and a thick banded belt to my name in terms of valuable stuff since october ;D We'll see what I can budget twink

Octopath 04-17-2020 05:23 PM

Necro get a cos and jboots. Nothing else needed

Jimjam 04-17-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopath (Post 3113274)
Necro get a cos and jboots. Nothing else needed

CoS gonna /list

Baler 04-17-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3113277)
CoS gonna /list

That's the first place I'm going