Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Halloween Event Loot? (/forums/showthread.php?t=425409)

Hannibal 11-01-2023 02:06 PM

Halloween Event Loot?

I had to leave early, but does anyone know what was given out for the GM Halloween event? I saw the candy part, but missed the rolls in Unrest. Feed my FOMO please :D

caveslug 11-02-2023 07:50 PM

I was leveling and got to close to a GM during the event, was ported from Warsliks Woods to Permafrost on my lvl 28 ranger. Basically wasted my night trying to get all the way back to my leveling spot.

Trelaboon 11-06-2023 06:27 PM

Honestly, I remember the GM events from like 2010/2011 when blue was new and the events were so much fun. I remember there being swarms of werewolves all over EC/WC and dropping Plane of Fear loot and such. It was so much fun.

Now it’s just find the GM, get a candy you use to roll for some lame loot at the end. Rubicite BP, Legs and Helm are basically worthless. Trophy pieces at best.

Swish 11-06-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trelaboon (Post 3659278)
Honestly, I remember the GM events from like 2010/2011 when blue was new and the events were so much fun. I remember there being swarms of werewolves all over EC/WC and dropping Plane of Fear loot and such. It was so much fun.

Now it’s just find the GM, get a candy you use to roll for some lame loot at the end. Rubicite BP, Legs and Helm are basically worthless. Trophy pieces at best.

How ungrateful. You missed out on good fashionquest.

Menden 11-08-2023 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trelaboon (Post 3659278)

Would be nice. But we need a larger dev team. CSR team uses the tools available to us to create events.

Trexller 11-08-2023 08:33 AM

yeah but rubicite? its so meh

what harm could 1 additional SoD per year cause?

Ripqozko 11-08-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trexller (Post 3659696)
yeah but rubicite? its so meh

what harm could 1 additional SoD per year cause?

Sorry you don't got warder loot

MaskedFrog 11-15-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menden (Post 3659660)
Would be nice. But we need a larger dev team. CSR team uses the tools available to us to create events.

The event he is talking about uses basic tools that the guides on EQ had. Does p1999 not have full access to all the tools GM's and Guides had?

All the major npc with dialogue had to be other staff of course.
Doing something like 1 giant lvl 60 willowisp with dialogue and an army of 50 level 40-50 wisps and dropping a manastone or something would be simple and require only 1 staff.

Menden 11-15-2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedFrog (Post 3661247)
The event he is talking about uses basic tools that the guides on EQ had. Does p1999 not have full access to all the tools GM's and Guides had?

All the major npc with dialogue had to be other staff of course.
Doing something like 1 giant lvl 60 willowisp with dialogue and an army of 50 level 40-50 wisps and dropping a manastone or something would be simple and require only 1 staff.

Sure, all of that would technically be possible with GM toolkit. I could spawn a bunch of random NPCs then give them all manastones, but they would have no direction, no pathing, no special spells or abilities... those GM commands are pretty limited. We'd prefer to have quest or event scripts in place so it's automated.

Ripqozko 11-15-2023 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menden (Post 3661257)
Sure, all of that would technically be possible with GM toolkit. I could spawn a bunch of random NPCs then give them all manastones, but they would have no direction, no pathing, no special spells or abilities... those GM commands are pretty limited. We'd prefer to have quest or event scripts in place so it's automated.

can we just get back our candy corn? thanks in advance