Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hi, I'm EQ is completley new to me and.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=35239)

jval2529 04-30-2011 12:52 AM

Hi, I'm EQ is completley new to me and....

I would like someone to help me and quest with me. If you are starting a new character let's group up and do some quests. I am really having trouble finding my skills and finding quests, I am not looking for someone to bombard with mundayne questions.

I played Ruins of Kunark back in 2000 but only got to about lvl 10 before I stopped becuase I couldn't afford it, I consider myself a seasoned mmo player so I am not a total noob I just need a little help

jval2529 04-30-2011 12:53 AM

PS, I will start a new character and meet up with you.

jval2529 04-30-2011 12:57 AM

On the subject of quests, how do I find quests? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

Hmotzart 04-30-2011 01:13 AM

Quests. Best to look up quests by zone. Also remember this is classic and kunark. Some of the sites will have extra quests that are not implemented yet.

You must Hail a npc and start a conversation with him.. Try repeating the highlighted words back to them. Or put them in a sentence. There is no QUest log In classic or kunark so wright things down you need to remember.

Best of luck to you. My main is not of lvl for me to be alting just yet or I would show you around. PM me ingame if you do need any advise on where to go to find groups.

Be safe.

jval2529 04-30-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmotzart (Post 279360)
Quests. Best to look up quests by zone. Also remember this is classic and kunark. Some of the sites will have extra quests that are not implemented yet.

You must Hail a npc and start a conversation with him.. Try repeating the highlighted words back to them. Or put them in a sentence. There is no QUest log In classic or kunark so wright things down you need to remember.

Best of luck to you. My main is not of lvl for me to be alting just yet or I would show you around. PM me ingame if you do need any advise on where to go to find groups.

Be safe.

Thank you, I know about the /hail command, im starting to get a better feel for the game overall and I like it :) I just want a leveling partner who understands the game. What's your toons name?

Mcbard 04-30-2011 01:26 AM

Hitting 'h' is a handy shortcut to /hail.

nalkin 04-30-2011 02:12 AM

Your best bet is to stop looking for quests as they are a very minor part of the game (contrary to the name). Go kill stuff and group with people, that is the game. When you get good enough maybe you can poopsock

Frootloop 04-30-2011 09:23 AM

Nalkin is Right. Enjoy the group grind :)

Drax86 04-30-2011 03:28 PM

Yeah, these guys are right.

There are quests in the game. Some are quick ones that you will repeat for EXP and loot, others are epic and take days, even weeks to complete. The gameplay of classic EQ is not focused on questing though. There is no linear quest path like other, newer MMOs.

Where this game shines is being social, grouping, killing, making money, building a group of friends or even a guild, helping other players, exploring, dying, having to run across the continent to retreive your corpse, fun stuff like that. Instead of relying on quests to set your goals for you, set your own goals. Having said that though, the P99 Wiki has a pretty good list of quests to get your started if you're really into searching them out :)

Fuzzi 04-30-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drax86 (Post 279724)
having to run across continents to retreive your corpse, gut-wrenching stuff like that.

Fixed.