Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Porting druids..some questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=415155)

Hailto 02-13-2023 11:34 AM

Porting druids..some questions

I'm considering leveling a druid up to 34 to make some extra plat to twink my paladin. Looking for some input for those of you who port regularly. Do you think it's worth it, how much plat do you make per hour/session on average? Could I stop leveling the druid at 34 with most of the ports or is 39 necessary for the last few? Thanks pals

strongNpretty 02-13-2023 11:41 AM

I think the standard, is 1plat per level. That's what i donate. But ill add more depending on the situation, but never less.

Toxigen 02-13-2023 11:48 AM

I'd level to 44 for CS and WL. Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.

You'll always have that 44 druid if you get bored of your other chars.

Hailto 02-13-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3572946)
I'd level to 44 for CS and WL. Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.

You'll always have that 44 druid if you get bored of your other chars.

This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar. I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.

Anyone got some #s on average plat per hour porting?

Toxigen 02-13-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailto (Post 3573032)
This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar. I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.

The key is being proficient at charming animals.

Bobbymck69 02-13-2023 03:35 PM

Just take what ever someone offers you. I've made 1k in a few hours and then spent a whole day just to make 200p. It just depends.

greatdane 02-13-2023 03:46 PM

The typical donation amount is either ~30p or 1p/level, varies from person to person. Once in a while you'll get some newbie or corpse-runner who can't really give you anything, and you just have to smile and do it anyway.

The amount you make per hour depends on a lot of things--what time of the day, how many others are porting, how annoying your name is to type (don't call yourself Illirnmil or some shit) and whether or not the big guilds are raiding at that time.

But during peak hours when the server is at like 1k+ population, you can probably expect 200-500/hour. You'll want to have access to Clarity during busy times or you won't have the mana to accommodate all requests.

Zalora 02-13-2023 03:51 PM

I used to port for tips a lot on Blue. It's not big money and you'd honestly have better results just farming, but it's a way to save up funds while also feeling good that you're helping out people in the community while taking a break from the typical grind.

On average you get around 40-50p per port (as low as 15p, as high as 100p+). Once in a while someone with fat stacks will commission your personal help and reward you with a bigger tip. If someone is naked and doing a corpse run, those are usually free (but pays dividends down the road for cultivating a reputation of being nice).

In a way porting is sort of like having a minimum wage job - you're not gonna get rich with it, but if you work hard and long enough hours you can save up for the things you need. :D

loramin 02-13-2023 03:59 PM

Quote:

This is true, I might end up liking the druid. Shaman is my favorite class and druid is sorta similar.

FWIW, my Shaman was my first main here, and then for my second character I made a Druid "just to have a porter" ... and wound up having a blast with him, leveling him all the way to 60.

Quote:

I feel like they are not wanted much in groups though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3573037)
The key is being proficient at charming animals.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/6UFgd...OJyN/giphy.gif

(And, as a side note, a high level Shaman is a great character to take out to Lake of Ill Omen to acquire a Goblin Ring for your Druid; with the pet you can easily hold down the 2-spawn camp.)

mcoy 02-13-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3572946)
Can have a wiz TL you to CS w/o a key and just pick up the tooth.

Really? Is that a bug?

-Mcoy