Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Paladin holy forge disc (/forums/showthread.php?t=278044)

wowplayer 07-20-2017 09:40 PM

Paladin holy forge disc

Hello I have used my holy forge disc going on 10 times fully shammy buffed on players and on undead mobs and yet to see a crit hit of any kind was wondering if its broken or what could some one look into this please! =P

Atmas 07-21-2017 02:35 PM

As a player who got the disc as soon as it was added to p99 I can tell you from numerous usages over this almost two year period the proc rate is abysmal. I'm not sure if the really bad proc rate is classic or not because I haven't found much data but it is very lackluster. FYI, it works on all mobs, not just undead ones.

I have used it extensively in situations on raid mobs where I could melee, hasted, practically the entirety of the disc and generally see 2-4 crits when using a 2hander and 4-6 when using a 22 delay 1hander. If the data was listed out I'm sure there would be outliers, like a 2hander getting 7 crits or 1 as I can remember times it's happened.

Heebs13 07-23-2017 02:36 AM

Can confirm, the proc rate is just abysmal. Holyforge is most useful as a timer for when Lay Hands will come back up =/

Telin 07-23-2017 09:13 PM

Corrected casting animation to a Cheer instead of getting hit.

Added missing spell animation w/ skulls around caster.

Looking into the other error...

Erati 07-24-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telin (Post 2560088)
Corrected casting animation to a Cheer instead of getting hit.

Added missing spell animation w/ skulls around caster.

Looking into the other error...

yesssssss

Heebs13 07-24-2017 05:33 PM

Wait, is holyforge about to become actually useful?

Dildy 08-07-2017 03:35 PM

Rarely Crits, something is up with this as I remember it critting a lot more when raiding hate on live, this was pre-Luclin before AAs.

Telin 08-07-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dildy (Post 2566750)
Rarely Crits, something is up with this as I remember it critting a lot more when raiding hate on live, this was pre-Luclin before AAs.

The damage mod vs undead effect is currently broken, but it wasn't always so I am reaching out to other devs for ideas at the moment.

Dildy 08-07-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telin (Post 2566770)
The damage mod vs undead effect is currently broken, but it wasn't always so I am reaching out to other devs for ideas at the moment.

Also, on 12/06/2000: "Several disciplines have been upgraded (Resistant, Trueshot, Unholy Aura, HolyForge) have been upgraded. Please read the updated EQManual_Supplement.doc (or .txt) in your Everquest Directory."

Additionally, on 12/19/2000: "The Paladin "Holy Forge" discipline will now give Paladins triple the normal chance of scoring a critical hit. Each critical hit has a percent chance to be scored as a critical blow."

I'm sure these patch notes have been looked at by a lot of people, but always good to take a second look. I wish I could read the EQManual_Supplement.doc at that time, I'm sure it would explain it a lot more detail. Anyone have any idea if that could possibly be recovered?

Dildy 08-07-2017 10:01 PM

Reading the EQ Titanium EQManual_supplement it states: "Critical hits and Crippling Blows versus undead with an increased probability of going off. The discipline lasts 2 minutes, and has a base reuse time of 72 minutes.

Holy forge was then changed to 5 minutes from 2 on Jan 9, 2001.