Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   High AC on A Rogue? (/forums/showthread.php?t=411509)

Robersonroger38 11-28-2022 05:38 PM

High AC on A Rogue?

Does having higher ac on a rogue even do anything?
I wanna say I read on safe house that it helped the hits go lower, but this is P99

any info is good!

Yes it’s for soloing on a squishy rogue, I afk a lot LoL

Encroaching Death 11-28-2022 05:52 PM

It won't make you a tank, unfortunately.

You'll just die later rather than sooner.

Rogues are terribly squishy.

Like too squishy to even body pull for a group.

Robersonroger38 11-28-2022 06:04 PM

Thanks!

Was just checking to see if dexterity would be better for my blood points to proc more,rather then getting more AC to make hits a little bit lower Lol

Cecily 11-28-2022 10:06 PM

High AC definitely makes a difference with group or solo content. Can't recommend CC gaunts / boots highly enough. And you can absolutely pull / tank on a rogue.

Jimjam 11-28-2022 10:34 PM

Rangers are commonly used as group tanks, but rogue's defence caps far exceed those of a ranger.

With appropriate gear (see Cecily's suggestions - doesn't have to be terribly expensive) you should be able to take hits almost like a warrior (but admittedly run out of hp much faster).

'Worst' thing in a group with 3 rogues; the tank has to go afk for 15 minutes and no one steps up to fill the job cos everyone has 255 str but no defence skill practiced or worn ac.

Gustoo 11-29-2022 06:55 PM

I’ve never understood how defense and offense and weapon caps apply to actual damage output and mitigation. It seems almost unrelated or like AC has variable impact

Encroaching Death 11-29-2022 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3538625)
And you can absolutely pull / tank on a rogue.

I call shenanigans.

Maybe in poop sock gear.

But your average Rogue will melt when trying to tank.

Keebz 11-30-2022 12:49 AM

Rogues have the same defense, parry and riposte skill caps as Monk/Warrior and the same HP per STA as a Monk. They are perfectly capable of pulling and tanking.

WokeCat 11-30-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebz (Post 3538995)
Rogues have the same defense, parry and riposte skill caps as Monk/Warrior and the same HP per STA as a Monk. They are perfectly capable of pulling and tanking.

IDK how accurate this statement is. Like I've never seen a Rogue who can nearly as well as a Monk. I don't play either classes, but as a healer, sometimes I actually have an easier time healing a monk than I do actual tanks because their mitigation seems really high and they have mend.

Solist 11-30-2022 09:17 AM

Caps arent the only story. Tables we cant see exist. Rogues get AC returns. Rangers do not.

Stack as much AC as you can on a rogue for sure, huge survivability difference when levelling.