Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What has this world come to? (/forums/showthread.php?t=408231)

magnetaress 09-19-2022 09:41 PM

What has this world come to?

https://i.imgur.com/K8ti7na.jpeg
:o

One time I laughed super hard over coms and got vote kicked off this shadowrun fps too by some really young hoodlums sounded like they where from New England inner city.

Jibartik 09-19-2022 10:03 PM

I hate normal people trying to normalize the places we create to escape normal people.

unsunghero 09-19-2022 11:08 PM

“We’re going to cure being mean on the internet one video game community at a time”

COMPLIMENTS ONLY SPACE

Homesteaded 09-20-2022 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3507566)
I hate normal people trying to normalize the places we create to escape normal people.

I suspect the issue is now 'normal' people are gamers. Back when we were all getting into EQ it was very niche and self sorted itself. Thin skin didn't last long in 1999 online.

Jibartik 09-20-2022 12:27 AM

I realize now that if I was born in this time period id hate dragons and shit the way i do football now, and feel the opposite about football.

magnetaress 09-20-2022 03:24 AM

So the community flagged my very erudite posts about tolerance, freedom of expression, and being strong. And ppl needing to "horse around in safe spaces online" with fairly innocent antics going back to the 90s. I also illustrated that the next step is banning people who /dance, rp walk in a circle, or jump in PvP. Or whatever shenanigans people come up with to be silly and goof around in a more chivalrous sportspersonlike manor.

I had my posts flagged.
Was called a Nazi
A fascist.
Racist.
A bully.

And I got a message my posts are under review. And if found guilty I will be "silenced", yes that is literally the phrasing they chose. To silence someone. All because the first thing people do when they disagree with you now is flag and report you.

I was polite. Truthful, and honest. This is how society rewards duty, pragmatism, integrity, and asserrive grit now.

No wonder people are going mass insane.

Jibartik 09-20-2022 03:29 AM

I hate normal people and normal things.

Encroaching Death 09-20-2022 09:49 AM

The moral busybodies will end up making the Internet boring as hell.

Like how Las Vegas essentially became a family-friendly Disney World.

There are people who remember a real, gritty and seedy Las Vegas. Could you get your ass kicked by the mafia? Sure, but that's what made things interesting.

These people are mom-level lame. They remind me of moms. For real, my mom is making decisions on what is right for the gaming industry.

Mom. It's time you left our room. We wanna do cool teenager shit.

magnetaress 09-20-2022 01:16 PM

https://i.imgur.com/aIwR3c4.jpeg

Success! Q'plah!

Jibartik 09-20-2022 01:18 PM

All the people who decide what establishment morality is, are all colonialist baby killers and child labor abusers.