Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Green AC Camp - OOT (/forums/showthread.php?t=358664)

Lostfaction 05-12-2020 09:20 AM

Green AC Camp - OOT

What is the server agreed upon common courtesy of the list.

Seems people are getting drop, immediately adding themselves to the list again and not holding any camp presence and often not even an online presence and expecting to be able to check in and return when they are top 5 again in 24+ hours

What should the agreed upon list courtesy be? Camp is in much more demand than Blue currently, how did Blue's work well back in the day?

I understand if you are 10+ and want to play on an alt or log for a nap but should list be purged every x hours?

If someone at number 3 goes to bed and doesn't get back on for 8 hours should they keep their then #1 slot?

GM guidance is only for the next person up (can't renege), so its up to the server to decide how it should go.

pirate23 05-12-2020 09:40 AM

Your ass has to be sitting at the camp or you're not at the camp.

BlackBellamy 05-12-2020 10:16 AM

Here is my play nice policy:

I arrive at the camp and ask who is next. If the next person doesn't arrive when the current one leaves then the camp is FTE. If a different character shows other than the one named it's FTE. If the current camper is not in the zone when I do a /who then it's immediately FTE even if the PH's are cleared.

If the current camper wants to camp the pixel repeatedly by handing off the lore item to another party I have zero problem with that. If they're not actually at the exact pixel but they're in the zone and they're keeping the PH clear I have no problem with that. If they want to hand off to a friend who then hands it back to them I have no problem with that.

If the handoff is made I ask the new person who is next. And so on...

Any violations of my play nice policy will be dealt with in a manner which will assure a lose-lose for everyone involved.

Snortles Chortles 05-12-2020 10:23 AM

https://i.imgur.com/wa1O4C2.jpg

Octopath 05-12-2020 10:37 AM

Think a 50 ranger can solo OOT ac?

Videri 05-12-2020 11:57 AM

Just get on the list and try to remain online, even AFK. A lot of people list and log and are nowhere to be found when it's their turn, so they get skipped, and you luck out. I've gone from 3rd on a list to killing the placeholder several times (not at AC, but other camps). Don't let the number of people on a list discourage you.

You can bind there and leave and gate back when it's your turn, or park a character there and log to an alt.

DMN 05-12-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3127981)
Just get on the list and try to remain online, even AFK. A lot of people list and log and are nowhere to be found when it's their turn, so they get skipped, and you luck out. I've gone from 3rd on a list to killing the placeholder several times (not at AC, but other camps). Don't let the number of people on a list discourage you.

You can bind there and leave and gate back when it's your turn, or park a character there and log to an alt.

Depends... we've seen claims/cases where the staff has said you need to stay logged in with the listed character and even that you can't leave the zone in question.

Zeboim 05-12-2020 12:14 PM

Just pay your 7k tax and MQ it.

Lostfaction 05-12-2020 01:29 PM

I am not sure why people are turning this into an RNF.

Serious inquiry.

Should someone who logs for 12+ hours at a time, is bound at camp, is always riding list not helping hold down camp either playing on other toons or offline expect they can show up when they are #1 and get their ring?

List was up to near 30 people at one point. May as well just put everyone on server on a list.

Lostfaction 05-12-2020 01:32 PM

I agree with @Videri it would be nice if that worked but demand is too high for it.

Its impossible to manage a list for the 10 people at camp actually wanting the item with the other 10+ freeloaders not logged in or out of zone who just want to permanently ride the list and rage when they get removed for not even bothering to check in with camp.