Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Is the Population Booming Now? (/forums/showthread.php?t=193850)

SegFault 05-17-2015 05:16 PM

Is the Population Booming Now?

Hey all, this is my first day back in the world of Everquest. I played between release and right after Velious came out, so it's been some time. Looking around this forum, it seems like there are a lot of people coming back to play. Is this normal or is there a population boom going on right now?

So, I was thinking about playing an Iksar Shadowknight, Human Monk, or Dark Elf Cleric. Of course, I've only been thinking about this for the past hour since I became aware of this site. I remember that grouping could sometimes be a drag for over-populated classes, is that still true for these three?

Nuggie 05-17-2015 07:08 PM

I think it is safe to say we are booming right now, what with the agreement with DBG.

edit - and with Velious dropping soon

datom 05-17-2015 07:38 PM

yep Upper Guk got 25 people slaughtering at the moment

epicdemic 05-18-2015 12:43 AM

over 1700 today

EQJubilee 05-18-2015 12:50 AM

Yep the free advertising that the publicity from the Daybreak agreement brought to P99 is a big part of it. Also by having an official agreement with the EQ devs/owners adds legitimacy to the shadowy world of emulated servers.

If we could only get a client download that was considered 100% legit.

Shodo 05-18-2015 02:04 AM

The population is definitely on the rise (has been for a while really). But to answer your other question, I don't think you'll have trouble finding a group as any of those classes. Cleric would probably get you a group the fastest, but if you do a good job pulling as a monk or tanking as an SK, groups will need and want you. The last two also come with the side benefit of being able to solo pretty well when grouping just isn't happening.

Mordyth 05-18-2015 02:21 AM

Watch it tank out when Ragefire Progression server goes live

Sadre Spinegnawer 05-18-2015 02:22 AM

A little over a year ago, during peak weekend hours, the pop would top 1k. It would be a "hey look, we're over 1k" thing. But normal weekday prime time population was <1k.

Then it started. The Growing. AND IT IS NOT STOPPING.

The population is soaring. We are getting close to having ~1k 24/7. That is insane growth.

Boy oh boy when this population boom hits the raid scene.......... do not say you haven't been warned, kiddies. Don't make me link to one of my first posts back when i found the server...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/62296626.jpg

Lopretni 05-18-2015 05:40 AM

P99 has a better pop than some p2play MMO servers. not the games as a whole but individual servers. gfay and ec are very busy at peak hours.

Unien 05-18-2015 06:23 AM

Dropping by to say hi.

Just discovered about this due to the new server announcement and now I so need to try it. I guess many people are experiencing the same feeling.
Left the game some time after the Velious expansion launched, so it's almost like picking up where I left :)

I just hope that the game is as good as nostalgia makes me remember it...