Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Help the poor mages. (/forums/showthread.php?t=54272)

mimixownzall 11-12-2011 12:18 AM

Help the poor mages.

I watched a mage try to fight some classes the other day. He fought against a shaman, a warrior and an SK (SK didn't use any spells other than snaring/fearing the pet).

His strat was pretty good. What I mean by this is that he tried to keep his pet from being CC'd while he ran around to avoid taking damage. I don't think he ever got one of them below 90% hps. I played an Epic mage on SZ and know how horrible life can be as a mage at the high levels; yes, mages dominate the lowbie ranks pretty easily, but this changes drastically at higher levels. With mage spells taking forever to cast and mages having no CC ability other than the pets (which can be easily resisted) our primary damage (IE: almost all damage) comes from pets. Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous. Pets are easily CC'd so they should hurt when they aren't.

It's pretty bad when you got a ranger there watching begging to be the next one to fight the mage.

Shamanx 11-12-2011 12:26 AM

Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.

mimixownzall 11-12-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamanx (Post 461989)
Wut? First off, a single nuke would put any of them below 90%. A warrior can't do anything against a mage if the mage just runs around as long as they both have the same runspeed. Shamans.. well yea they own mages.

He needs to play better.

Really? Getting a 7 second nuke off against a warrior? Warrior would either interrupt it or just run out of range. That is 2 slam chances against a bolt.

Bazia 11-12-2011 12:49 AM

Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......

valithteezee 11-12-2011 01:12 AM

He's right. Mages need help, at least the pets do.

mimixownzall 11-12-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazia (Post 462002)
Me thinks someone wants to roll mage.......

You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.

Nune 11-12-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimixownzall (Post 462023)
You're right, I would love to roll a mage and use him for more than just an item farmer. That is why I am asking the devs to look into them for me.

There is a reason why everyone on the server is rolling SKs/Shamans/Necros/wizards. Hell, there are more warriors and rogues pvping than there are mages.

Pretty sure sorrow will not be the emotion filling me in regards to Mages once I hit level 6 in Gfay - getting MR. They get their time to shine, it's just not high end imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimixownzall (Post 461983)
Pets already miss more than they should (they miss in pvp 20x more than PC's do) but to cut their damage down by 50% is quite ridiculous

Huh? mage pets dmg is lowered 50%? or they miss alot there fore are 50% effective? I'm :confused: what you mean

Tombom 11-12-2011 02:13 AM

You are a confirmed pedo and a mage user? We cannot be friends.

Bazia 11-12-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombom (Post 462040)
You are a confirmed pedo

Mimix a pedo? Wha?

chuck 11-12-2011 03:03 AM

I hope phil collins daughter didn't inherit her fathers hairline