Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Shaman Pets (/forums/showthread.php?t=424611)

Questors 10-10-2023 02:49 PM

Shaman Pets

I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)

DeathsSilkyMist 10-10-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questors (Post 3652380)
I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)

My guess is this is just confirmation bias. The Shaman pet is always a Warrior, it doesn't change classes based on your level. I would also be suprised if a higher level pet takes more damage.

Do you have a data sample we could look at?

Toxigen 10-10-2023 03:15 PM

no just use your higher pet

Duik 10-10-2023 05:01 PM

Data sample...

Snaggles 10-10-2023 08:45 PM

Parse it. Heal your pet for a while until it kills something. Summon a different pet. You can divide damage done over the time of the parse to determine literally how many dps the pet is taking.

There are very few reasons to downrank a pet outside a mage or maybe the skelly necro pets (per situation) until you get EoT.

Troxx 10-11-2023 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questors (Post 3652380)

Yeah no.

I noticed stepwise improvements with each shaman pet with the max pet (55) being undeniably best.

Parse or don't, I don't care but the max level shaman pet is the best.

zelld52 10-12-2023 10:15 AM

No. The level 55 pet has almost 2x the AC as the level 49 pet. Not sure what's causing your data, other than your pet having really bad rolls.

Crede 10-12-2023 02:06 PM

Skip the pet. Just root rot adds with epic off to the side to surpass mage dps.

DeathsSilkyMist 10-12-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3652888)

Please stop posting nonsense. Your poor reading comprehension and bad trolling just confuses people. The fact that Shamans can out DPS Mages via root rotting is not a reason to assume your pet is unusable.

Shaman pet is good, use it whenever you can for better DPS. A max level Shaman pet will be better than a lower level one. I doubt OP has found a bug of some sort that causes the max level Shaman pet to act differently, unless they have some really good data.

Penish 10-12-2023 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3652888)

if you have 6 - 8 mobs on the go I get it, pet becomes tedious to position etc. with that being said its nice to park it somewhere safe and broom it (assuming you even need too)