Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A different flavor of EQemu (/forums/showthread.php?t=223644)

Sebekkha 12-31-2015 04:08 PM

A different flavor of EQemu

Fancy something different, something fresh in the EQemu scene?

www.bloodandrank.com

Blood and Rank is an Everquest server set in the Kunark era with a custom Legends ruleset. We have a tight-knit community of seasoned EQ veterans heading up our staff, and we are striving to make this a premier place to play. Come and see what B&R has to offer!

Our simple Rules:
1.) No Hacking/Use of third party programs.
2.) No boxing, one account per person actively playing.
3.) Respect the staff. These guys are volunteers after all.

We are a group of friends who wanted an Everquest experience reminiscent of the old LEGENDS (Stormhammer) server. We feel this experience should be fun for all and this means that we don't give items to donators, we don't clutter you up with rules; and we aim to provide a place to play that is fun above all else!

We strive to keep a "common sense" environment. We don't feel that a player should have to slow down and read rules every time they want to get something done. If you feel like what you are about to do would be wrong/illegal; just don't do it. We trust our members to do the right thing.

We run an EQ Emulator system utilizing the current PEQ database and a Legends Ruleset. This means that exp is a little higher, damage is a little better, and above all else you will have the opportunity to participate in daily events to further your character. For the most part playing on this server will feel like a Kunark-era EQ experience with heavy Gm community involvement.
We offer an exp boost for both Solo and Group play that feels appropriate for the situation without allowing players to zip through content. We offer the ability to once-per-day flag yourself for PVP. PVP is dangerous as a player killer could loot one item from your corpse.

GM Events
Our dedicated staff of Gamemasters enjoy hosting "GM Events" which range from simple quest-style contests to PVE and PVP custom events! we offer several major GM events per week that allow players to receive titles, items, and boosts for contributing to the lore of their community. You never know when the action will hit!

Thursday Night Fights
Thursday nights at 10PM EST we hold an arena-style single elimination tournament with prizes given out for top performance!

**Fresh Underfoot client available on the forums, so titanium is not affected**

Filthy_Pagan 12-31-2015 04:16 PM

Tell me more about this "Stormhammer" rule set..

Millburn 12-31-2015 04:39 PM

Well you certainly sold me on this and having the Underfoot client will give me a reason to log back in to Dalaya and say hi from time to time. Been too many years.

Sebekkha 12-31-2015 04:41 PM

I'm not a developer or GM of the server. So i couldn't answer that question for you. I am just a player there, but feel free to PM me about playing on the server etc. I'm more than happy to help out. Or message me on the server my character name is Cyanide.

ronasch 12-31-2015 04:50 PM

Sounds like a BDA server

Sebekkha 12-31-2015 09:26 PM

PVP tournament 9pm EST. Signup sheet on the forums.

Any level welcome (your char will be made level 20 with appropriate skills/spells temporarilly)

Meep 01-01-2016 07:58 PM

There's a post on the forum over there that says you support MQ2 usage?

Sebekkha 01-02-2016 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meep (Post 2155474)
There's a post on the forum over there that says you support MQ2 usage?

Where is such statement you tell of?

sulious 01-03-2016 02:11 AM

I really like this server. Their is a heavy GM presence and they are welcoming. Within 5 min of my creation of a character on the server I had a GM there to explain how things work on the server. Events every single night if not twice a day. They are growing so don't expect to pick up a group if you aren't vocal about it. I say about 20-22 server peak. Which means a perfect time get in on the action.
B&R use 2 different voice servers here called Discord and Mumble...."Discord is new to everyone" but it is growing on me. Of course good old Mumble is still there.

Great for people that don't have time to do a massive time sink into eq. Exp rates are similar to red server.

Give it a try... You can find me there leveling up on Soics...

George_Costanza 01-03-2016 05:07 AM

Buffalo Bill ass GMs sitting idle in an elfquest chat lobby waiting to creep on you when you log in and offer free levels for your a4a screen name

sounds dope