Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   29 Druid, Stuck In A Rut (/forums/showthread.php?t=150478)

PDX0621 05-11-2014 04:16 PM

29 Druid, Stuck In A Rut

Currently a level 29 druid. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut as far as places to go and level. HHK goblins are awesome, if you can get in a group. Often times there is a list to get in, and it can be hours or more until your name is called, assuming you're still online. Everfrost mammoths would be good, but there aren't many of them, and there are often 2-3-4 druids in zone competing for that limited number. I've outgrown the lower portion of OT, and the FM area is just a level or 2 too high for me. Played around with the giants in WW also, but that's usually swarming with groups or monks solo'ing. All that being considered, anyone have any other suggestions for places I may check out? Group or solo? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ferocitas 05-11-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDX0621 (Post 1448947)
Currently a level 29 druid. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut as far as places to go and level. HHK goblins are awesome, if you can get in a group. Often times there is a list to get in, and it can be hours or more until your name is called, assuming you're still online. Everfrost mammoths would be good, but there aren't many of them, and there are often 2-3-4 druids in zone competing for that limited number. I've outgrown the lower portion of OT, and the FM area is just a level or 2 too high for me. Played around with the giants in WW also, but that's usually swarming with groups or monks solo'ing. All that being considered, anyone have any other suggestions for places I may check out? Group or solo? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For a group go to Mistmoore.

SamwiseRed 05-11-2014 05:27 PM

haha didnt read op. my bad.

pharmakos 05-11-2014 05:31 PM

imo start out solo kiting the gnolls outside of splitpaw in south karana, and while you're doing that try to form up a group to go inside paw.

Orruar 05-11-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmakos (Post 1449006)
imo start out solo kiting the gnolls outside of splitpaw in south karana, and while you're doing that try to form up a group to go inside paw.

Solid plan. Paw is an underused and awesome dungeon.

Tasslehofp99 05-11-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmakos (Post 1449006)

this!

However, the gnolls can be pretty crowded at peak hours. There are a few other options; Upper Guk AC camp is safe, easy, and SICK exp. I also remember dabbling in unrest a bit at 29 but I think you can do giants in warsliks woods as well(may be an underrated option.)

The great thing about playing a druid is that around lvl 29 the soloing options become a bit more open. If you can't find a group don't be afraid to solo, you may die a few times learning some zones/camps but in the end you will still level fast. Also don't hesitate to try new areas/spots since you can easily teleport/gate around.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 05-12-2014 09:09 AM

You can do the alligators in Cazic Thule as well at that level.

Not great loot but good xp.

TWDL_Prexus 05-23-2014 09:48 AM

Can do grimalkins near the windmill in LoIO, they can take you to 31 no problem.

kaos057 06-02-2014 05:16 PM

charm kite yellow con rhinos in OT. surprisingly easy at 29.

Tankdan 06-02-2014 10:07 PM

All of the above replies are horrible advice, because they don't know any better. I will tell you an ancient secret not many know about that gives you 500% more exp at 29-40 than anywhere else imaginable. And only druids and wizards can do it.

Go to Qeynos, bind by bank.

Port to NK, run to Splitpaw. There are 5 gnolls outside. They drop Lore (non lore ones are junk!) Tanned Split Paw Skins. 4 Volumes. Get 2-3 of these and GATE to Qeynos to turn them into the correcct NPC. Turn them in 1 at a time (any more than 1 is eating it). 7-15% per, and people let them rot all the time! I went from 33 to 34 in 20 minutes, if that puts it in perspective.

If you don't take this advice above everybody elses, you're doing it wrong.