Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   a new server would be terrible (/forums/showthread.php?t=426402)

zelld52 12-04-2023 09:04 AM

a new server would be terrible

and definitely not classic.

was it classic for everyone to rush to level 34 to farm manastones? guises?

most people didnt know those items existed in 1999.

how many people out there did the same thing on Wuarm as they did on Greeen and are planning to do the same on the next p99 server?

god i hope they dont make a new p99. if you want that experience, theres always TLP.

maxtorps 12-04-2023 09:23 AM

I'm neither here nor there on a new server... I mean, there was blue, then there was green, right? Although I see your point about all these existing players just creating accounts on a new server to be the first to do something.. which is also the point of competitive gaming.
I hear of calls to server merge too and I suppose that's to alleviate the user profile issue and the degree of top heaviness.
But, and it's only ,my opinion, after years and years of hearing about new servers being the panacea of all the world's ill's, I personally think ongoing recruitment of new players TO the game will be of greater benefit.
And that's a huge challenge given the age of the game. I do think the FTP quality will be a greater draw as pennies become tighter. Or maybe that's just me.

magnetaress 12-04-2023 09:24 AM

A new red with chanters nerfed and channeling fixed and bowquest nerfed and clickies unnerfed would be fun. Also perma legacy. And item loot.

Kohedron 12-04-2023 10:04 AM

You're screeching about a new server, yet playing on the new server

Okay I guess

magnetaress 12-04-2023 11:38 AM

i'm playing on quarm its awesome

Zendir 12-04-2023 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelld52 (Post 3664628)
and definitely not classic.

was it classic for everyone to rush to level 34 to farm manastones? guises?

most people didnt know those items existed in 1999.

how many people out there did the same thing on Wuarm as they did on Greeen and are planning to do the same on the next p99 server?

god i hope they dont make a new p99. if you want that experience, theres always TLP.

Then dont play on it.. There, solved your problem

Rager and Quitter 12-04-2023 12:37 PM

If it's not something I personally like then no one should be able to do it.

eqravenprince 12-04-2023 05:15 PM

I like pre kunark and pre planes EQ the best! Even on a server up to velious, I still spend 99% of my time in classic zones that are available day 1 of a server.

Evia 12-04-2023 07:06 PM

Imagine this...

P99 type server...
Single box only
But when you log in..
Everything is the same world, but different
All the same spells we remember
Just given to different classes
Maybe at different lvls
Racial faction changed
Allies and enemies different than before
Class and race combos different
Named mob placement changed
What they dropped changed
Ect

This kind of server would be fun because it would be like experiencing the wonder and mystery of the game all over again. I think more old mmos should attempt this. It'd be successful I think.

aaezil 12-04-2023 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3664630)
A new red with chanters nerfed and channeling fixed and bowquest nerfed and clickies unnerfed would be fun. Also perma legacy. And item loot.

There already is a red and nobody plays it. So no.