Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New Player (/forums/showthread.php?t=419647)

Haleon 05-30-2023 08:18 PM

New Player

If I wanted to group early on, what starting city should I choose? Feerrott doesn't seem to have many lowbies wanting to group.

Thanks!

Videri 05-30-2023 08:30 PM

Kelethin, Felwithe, Kaladim, or Ak'Anon - GFay, Butcherblock, and Steamfont are always busy
Freeport or Neriak - EC/WC, Nektulos Forest, and later Lavastorm -> Najena -> SolA
Qeynos - usually a single-digit population, but sometimes that's enough
Cabilis - Field of Bone is never empty

Then again, you could stick with your Ogre. Those first couple levels go by in a flash. You'll get groups as you go.

Another option is making your way to Freeport or Neriak and getting bound there (by a caster level 12 or higher, or a priest level 14 or higher). You could do /w all Dial and ask them for assistance. Someone might be feeling charitable.

spoil 05-30-2023 10:21 PM

Grouping super early with random players is very hit or miss. A lot of players breeze through those low levels with gear and buffs. I would say in general level 10 is around the starting point you can find groups in places like unrest, befallen or crushbone, etc. You can type "/who all 10 15" or whatever level range you want and that will show you which zones are populated.

But as Videri said don't hesitate to ask for help, "/who all dial" for the dial-a-port guild and send a tell to one of them saying you're a new player and would like to go whatever zone and get a bind and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Haleon 05-31-2023 04:34 PM

Thanks guys!