Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Clarification of Camp rules (/forums/showthread.php?t=59312)

Splorf22 12-31-2011 10:02 PM

Clarification of Camp rules

So I have gotten into this situation several times over the past weeks. I arrive at camp x: (necro-guardian in sebilis, verix in KC). Mobs are up. I begin to slaughter looking for my resist gems/keypiece.

Group arrives. They wiped/evaced/were otherwise not there, but were there at some point in the recent past. Confrontation ensues and I'm given various lines like "NG is not a solo camp, I've talked to GMs" or "We have 15 minutes to reclaim our camp after an evac for a pathing bug" or "We're not giving our camp up to you because we were trained" (this from the KC basement group. How the heck do you train yourself in the KC basement?).

At this point I grumble a bit and leave, although I could probably out-dps some of these groups with a hasted DW pet and worst case get 50% of the kills with memblur, because I can't be bothered to get into huge confrontations over pixels. But it's starting to happen a lot and it's beginning to irritate me a little. Soon I'm hoping to have enough resist gems/keypieces to move on from these popular camps but in the meantime, I'd like to know exactly what the rules are: are there any extenuating circumstances which would give a group that wasn't there the right to the camp? I know server reset counts but I'm not aware of others.

Seaweedpimp 12-31-2011 10:17 PM

Sounds to me like you were talked into something you didnt have to do. ;)

Glitterati 12-31-2011 10:52 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653

Sizzle 12-31-2011 10:52 PM

As far as I know if you wipe, camp is open this has happened to me and my groups in the past and we have had to give them up. So I say if you get there and its not attended to then its yours if they want to make a huge fuss about it have them get a GM and continue to do your thing until one arrives. If one then arrives and asks you to leave then go. I'd just tell people "How do I know you guys were here? For all I know you guys could have just showed up and are trying to take MY CAMP."

Flunklesnarkin 12-31-2011 10:54 PM

Idk... i think the camp rules that i read were something like this

if group wipes claim to camp is open..

if person is just there to farm and not for exp.. but people want to exp suppose to work something out?

but yah if you were there exping solo.. it wouldn't be right for them to take it.. but if you just farming and they trying to exp... might be better to farm a different area.

thats my take on it either way.

Splorf22 12-31-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitterati (Post 507264)

Yeah I read that. My question is are there extenuating circumstances. Because I'm always getting various excuses like "we were trained" or "we had a pathing bug" etc. Are these legit?

Keep in mind that if these guys just asked nicely I would probably move on most of the time. In the latest case they just started attacking stuff while I was talking.

Amelinda 12-31-2011 11:02 PM

if a group wipes for whatever reason UNLESS it is gm sanctioned as to the reason - server reset, zone issues etc then someone else shows up and takes camp it's the new persons. case closed.

There is absolutely not a rule that states groups get preference on camps over solo players.

"We were trained" would only work if it were malicious training and the GM has evidence of it and you just choose to be nice. but you don't have to leave the spot. they left so it's yours.

"pathing bugs" that is something that i'm going to say a guide would need to witness or be involved with at that point for it to be valid.

super easy to lose your camp due to your own failure to play EQ then cry "pathing bug"

Orruar 12-31-2011 11:05 PM

If you have to resort to referring to the server rules on camps, you've already lost. The server rules related to camps are mostly retarded and can be twisted to justify just about anything. Instead be reasonable and treat the other person like they're reasonable, and usually you can work something out.

Flunklesnarkin 12-31-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orruar (Post 507279)
If you have to resort to referring to the server rules on camps, you've already lost. The server rules related to camps are mostly retarded and can be twisted to justify just about anything. Instead be reasonable and treat the other person like they're reasonable, and usually you can work something out.

That would make the most since imo... can't really expect gm's to sort out exp camps all the time.

were you after exp or loot.. cuz if just loot im sure there are other places to farm also.

It would be kinda shitty if they ran you out the exp camp tho.

Splorf22 12-31-2011 11:15 PM

OK, thanks a lot Amelinda. Glad I have something nice to quote.

Orruar/Flunkle I'm all about getting along with people - I've just left every other time this has happened (I like to whine a little of course :)). In this case I got in, killed the krup roamer, and while I was killing the necrosis the group showed up. They let me finish killing the necrosis, asked for some c2 for their cleric which I gave because I thought they were going to have to rez (despite having an enchanter in their group), congratulated me on a slashing necrosis scarab, and immediately pulled the two remaining sepsis scarab without saying another word. That kind of shit just irritates me which is why I have a ragethread on the forums.