Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Red -> Blue one way transfer? (/forums/showthread.php?t=404623)

Secrets 06-22-2022 03:55 PM

I sent a PM directly to nilbog, his argument was that XP bonuses exist on red that didn't on blue - and I think that's a fair assessment given that red is basically risk-free leveling.

IMO - if Red is ever shut down, it should be moved to Blue. Or just nix the XP bonus.

PlsNoBan 06-22-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secrets (Post 3472798)
I sent a PM directly to nilbog, his argument was that XP bonuses exist on red that didn't on blue - and I think that's a fair assessment given that red is basically risk-free leveling.

IMO - if Red is ever shut down, it should be moved to Blue. Or just nix the XP bonus.

If they opened transfers permanently into the future then yes. People would 100% go level alts on red for ez leveling then xfer to blue at 60 or whatever. I think there are easy ways around this. Maybe only allow xfers of characters created prior to a certain date? Or make it a 1 time thing with relatively short notice so people won't abuse the xp bonus. This would allow people to get their pre-existing high lvl chars off a dead server without opening pandoras box of people abusing easy leveling and transferring later.

Gustoo 06-22-2022 08:49 PM

Transfer people at 10 levels less than there level below 50, 5 levels less above 50

Ez

But also open red 2 and make the whole thing moot.

Or cancel red 2 and change the rules on red 1 while leaving it pvp.

EatitNerd 06-23-2022 02:54 AM

Just play your red toons then you dinguses, red still has activity vulak just died last week. OP is trolling, he’s a unemployed never goes outside loser he could make a 55 rogue on blue in less than a week if he wanted to.

loserofgame 06-23-2022 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secrets (Post 3472798)

While that may be a fair assessment today, for a large portion of Red's history, risk-free leveling was not the case, especially not in the upper levels. The XP bonus existed partly to encourage play on Red and partly to offset the unique challenge of leveling while constantly at risk.

I never personally agreed with the XP bonus (it is why I quit the server the first time), but I would disagree with the notion that the XP bonus is a good argument for disallowing transfers. Both Red and Blue are flooded with max level characters that makes the XP difference largely irrelevant, and Red does have its own unique challenges that make leveling more difficult even with the XP bonus: a limited item market, very few XP groups, and inconsistent access to ports for easy travel.

Although I enjoyed my time playing on all three p99 servers, including Red, there was a time when I hoped for transfers from Red to Blue to 'rescue' a defunct character. I see the appeal.

I somehow think it's unlikely, though - even if I think the XP argument is a poor one.

starkind 06-23-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loserofgame (Post 3473057)
I never personally agreed with the XP bonus (it is why I quit the server the first time), but I would disagree with the notion that the XP bonus is a good argument for disallowing transfers. Both Red and Blue are flooded with max level characters that makes the XP difference largely irrelevant, and Red does have its own unique challenges that make leveling more difficult even with the XP bonus: a limited item market, very few XP groups, and inconsistent access to ports for easy travel.

not to mention the endless powerlvling that goes on on both servers...

i garantee if u start a toon on blue u will be lvl 50 in no time flat if u just hang around cb>unrest>MM>COM or whatever the spots are

Disease 06-23-2022 11:38 AM

Let red flood blue with uncontested pixels? LOL So you crack heads can mass transfer over and start Rmt and crashing the economy? No thanks.

starkind 06-23-2022 12:24 PM

ok guys

blue is a dead beta server

red is a dead beta server

the pixels aren't any kind of achievement, that happened in 1999 and 2001

hth

but if u want to feel like u r real cool and are afraid of red players rolling up on blue big *hugs*, wan't a tic tac?

Robersonroger38 06-23-2022 01:14 PM

/Hollywood laugh!!

Albane 06-23-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT (Post 3472329)
Tell them to make a new pvp server

I would love to see a new red server with a 2 year reset timer. 6 months for each version through velious and then reset it with all characters lost and start over (I do this with hundreds of hours lost all the time in PoE).