Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A new hope (/forums/showthread.php?t=404220)

DRAGONBAIT 06-11-2022 02:26 AM

A new hope

Been lurking eqemu and eqemus discord for weeks now and ive found about a project those guys are working on wich is the peq-expansions project and from my understanding they are sorting out the problem with out of era items when u lock in an expansion, they are tweaking that side of things and actually half way to go with classic itemization with like 30/80 zones done. I guess we will be able to set up classic servers easily and only a bit of coding to get FFA rules set up. Maybe in the near future there will be a rennaissance, lets hope for it. When thats done someone just need to host a stable server. Fingers crossed just wanted to share, take care all

Tradesonred 06-11-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT (Post 3468815)
Been lurking eqemu and eqemus discord for weeks now and ive found about a project those guys are working on wich is the peq-expansions project and from my understanding they are sorting out the problem with out of era items when u lock in an expansion, they are tweaking that side of things and actually half way to go with classic itemization with like 30/80 zones done. I guess we will be able to set up classic servers easily and only a bit of coding to get FFA rules set up. Maybe in the near future there will be a rennaissance, lets hope for it. When thats done someone just need to host a stable server. Fingers crossed just wanted to share, take care all

Would be interested in that. Ill take it here if we get a X1 server, but id really like some tweaks done, some modding. Theres a SWG server out there that really did some great things, adding 9 extra planets, new creatures, dungeons (which i always found was the weak point of SWG, lack of dungeon-y content) and other stuff. I dont expect that much out of EQ, just some different itemization maybe, some kind of reward for pvping, zone control mechanics, etc, etc...

starkind 06-11-2022 01:36 PM

Apparently the Lusankya went into hyperspace while still in Coruscant's gravity well and this was found to be very unpopular.

I get the whole hiding a ship/prison/base under a thin crust of city tho.

However, how do ships like that levitate in gravity fields? what's the technoreason behind that?

starkind 06-11-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkind (Post 3468941)
Apparently the Lusankya went into hyperspace while still in Coruscant's gravity well and this was found to be very unpopular.

I get the whole hiding a ship/prison/base under a thin crust of city tho.

However, how do ships like that levitate in gravity fields? what's the technoreason behind that?

I just wan't to update that I found some answers!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rep...tional%20field.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Repulsorlift/Legends

Tradesonred 06-12-2022 03:06 PM

For those interested to have a look at the server im talking about

https://swgsremu.com/

Kokkusho 06-12-2022 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT (Post 3468815)
When thats done someone just need to host a stable server.

Tall order. Stable server requires stable people at the helm.

“You won’t find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains.” - Hunter S. Thompson

And you certainly won’t find stable people recreating 23 year old elf simulator PvP servers.

Tassador 06-29-2022 08:58 PM

Man I if red 2.0 doesn’t come out soon they’ll lose me to one of my 12 open world rpgs that I have in my queue. Only sold 10 comics today so I am going to go grab some food behind the Tim Hortons.

starkind 07-02-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassador (Post 3475659)
Man I if red 2.0 doesn’t come out soon they’ll lose me to one of my 12 open world rpgs that I have in my queue. Only sold 10 comics today so I am going to go grab some food behind the Tim Hortons.

list ur 10 list tass