Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How painful (/forums/showthread.php?t=430144)

zelld52 03-28-2024 01:02 PM

How painful

Would an enc solo from scratch be? I assume there's really not much grouping going on 1-50.

Is sham / nec better choice? (Seeking a toon I can farm items for other chars down the line)

Thanks
-Hopeful Green to Red Convert

Toxigen 03-28-2024 01:12 PM

should be fine just a bit slow relying on animation for a while

at this point whoever is left on red will probably help you gear just to get you to stick around

circlerogue 03-28-2024 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3680018)
at this point whoever is left on red will probably help you gear just to get you to stick around

If you seem like an alright person, this can be true. However, there is almost no economy, so if there is an item you really want, you'll probably have to farm it yourself.

Why do you want to come to Red? There are better options for PvP and there is hardly a raid scene. It can be a solo enchanter's dream, though. There are many camps that are constantly contested on Blue/Green, but are usually open here. You won't have a problem getting most of the contested epic mobs, but getting a group together to get the Fear and Hate pieces can be difficult.

Red has a reputation for being toxic, but Blue and Green are toxic in a different way, and probably more-so. IMO the majority of Red's toxicity comes from the server-wide OOC, but the silent majority are pretty cool when you get to know them.

I know this is way more than you asked for, but just wanted to let you know what you're in for.

Gustoo 03-29-2024 01:25 AM

Circlerogue is correct.

Enchanter is ideal solo quest option for power.

blackrock 03-30-2024 04:01 PM

Classic EQ at this point probably isn't for you if you're worried about difficulty, live has a lot of benefits you can pay for and get to 100+ instantly

Salaryman 03-31-2024 01:02 AM

I have Guardian Robe and Breezelebobs Frozen Gnasher on RED99

Tune 04-20-2024 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salaryman (Post 3680283)
I have Guardian Robe and Breezelebobs Frozen Gnasher on RED99

so excited he got the name wrong of his own item