Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   I know it's not classic, but... (/forums/showthread.php?t=408186)

Troxx 09-21-2022 05:05 PM

Please do not turn another thread into a dumpster fire.

https://c.tenor.com/J2ZyNtqmOSQAAAAM...ton-sparks.gif

Encroaching Death 09-21-2022 05:05 PM

Warriors do like Ranger DPS, right?

DeathsSilkyMist 09-21-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 3508370)
Please do not turn another thread into a dumpster fire.

You need to tell yourself that. Please stop trolling. You have racked up hundreds of troll posts already.

Warriors do indeed do at least as much DPS as a charmed pet 1-30. I am sorry you don't like the data, but the data is there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkophat (Post 3508246)
At beginning of green root was heavily used, flash of light too actually, shaman or cleric could use it for less mana, at low level mobs didn't last long enough for it to wear off anyway.

Yes flash of light works too, but it's a little riskier since the mob may run away if you get out of melee range.

Troxx 09-21-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3508371)
Warriors do like Ranger DPS, right?

Depends on level and gear. But yes plus or minus however much it isn’t all that different. They very similar but have none of the spell utility.

Troxx 09-21-2022 05:08 PM

I recommend for the sake of this thread nobody bother talking about charm pets and warriors. It will not end well. Better for all parties involve to just walk away.

*cough

https://wiki.project1999.com/Osargen

*cough cough

DeathsSilkyMist 09-21-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troxx (Post 3508375)
I recommend for the sake of this thread nobody bother talking about charm pets and warriors. It will not end well. Better for all parties involve to just walk away.

There is nothing wrong with discussing it. I am sorry it triggers you.

Melee classes are quite strong in the early levels with fairly low investment.

PlsNoBan 09-21-2022 05:33 PM

Any hasted rogue charm with a torch or weapons will clown a equal level warrior without pretty extreme twinking and/or abusing permanent zerk mode which can be difficult/risky. Even then I'm not so sure. Bonus points if you can pickup some mage pet toys in EC beforehand. I've always personally enjoyed leveling in mistmoore. Can't go wrong with the rogue mobs there. Gypsy dancer.etc

DeathsSilkyMist 09-21-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3508383)
Any hasted rogue charm with a torch or weapons will clown a equal level warrior without pretty extreme twinking and/or abusing permanent zerk mode which can be difficult/risky. Even then I'm not so sure. Bonus points if you can pickup some mage pet toys in EC beforehand. I've always personally enjoyed leveling in mistmoore. Can't go wrong with the rogue mobs there. Gypsy dancer.etc

Of course Rogue pets can do more DPS than a normal charmed pet with backstab.

Unfortunately rogue pets aren't available in every zone. I am using the lowest common denominator of pets, which is typically not a rogue.

PlsNoBan 09-21-2022 05:44 PM

There's quite a few rogue mobs scattered around. I honestly think even regular warrior mobs would do more properly hasted with weapons. I don't have parses readily available to compare but I've played enchanters extensively and never seen a warrior do more. Like ever. Possible I never grouped with warriors that were twinked sufficiently? Dunno

Toxigen 09-21-2022 05:47 PM

oh boy here we go another 300 pager