Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pally critical lull fail (/forums/showthread.php?t=412100)

Gustoo 12-12-2022 10:48 PM

Pally critical lull fail

Has anyone actually side by side parsed with the same mob a same gear high charisma pally versus a dwarf average charisma paladin?

I mean like the same actual charisma upgrades like you’d have if reasonably well geared. So not base 45 charisma but the actually working charisma level of a velious paladin.

I just wanna know if it’s worth being a stupid human or high elf instead of a handsome dwarf just because of the charisma.

Snaggles 12-13-2022 02:25 AM

I think this is the closest thing I’ve read on the forums:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=327383

I leveled up in Unrest and gradually got rid of my Crusty and started using a crude stein to break the basement. The bump from sub 100 to low 100’s felt noticeable. I think a few piece set would be sufficient. Jester crown, crude stein, overseer signets, maybe a dragonskin mask from WW. Mine has a lot more pieces but swapping that much gear is a PITA.

sajbert 12-13-2022 06:03 AM

Assuming it works as for enchanters, yes it's noticable.

A Dwarf will struggle getting any decent cha even with the glamour sword and max points into charisma. IIRC a dwarf with max charisma could would still have better melee stats than a Human or Erudite who went all sta (I'd go all cha). If you don't have a crown of narandi then kobold jester's crown makes sense and largely makes up for the poor charisma. Items like Matchless Dragon Bracers and Greaves of Distraction could help.

TLDR: Dwarf will be doable if you're twinking HARD, otherwise you will have a noticable difference when it comes to lulls.

A human should be a fair choice too if you don't wanna go HE. Almost same cha as HE and better stats.

Snaggles 12-13-2022 11:36 AM

It depends where you fight too and how actively you use lull spells. In a group likely never. Solo sometimes depending where you adventure.

Splitting two guards near a zone line? Easy. Over a course of a solo grind in lower guk you could see more 2-4 pulls with no easy escape.

I always picked safer spots. Roll the dice enough you are going to get snake eyes. Without a long duration root until 54 cycle-camping two rooted npcs is almost impossible.

Toxigen 12-13-2022 03:40 PM

Its noticeable. Human max cha paladin = ultimate min/max

zelld52 12-13-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3543638)
Has anyone actually side by side parsed with the same mob a same gear high charisma pally versus a dwarf average charisma paladin?

I mean like the same actual charisma upgrades like you’d have if reasonably well geared. So not base 45 charisma but the actually working charisma level of a velious paladin.

I just wanna know if it’s worth being a stupid human or high elf instead of a handsome dwarf just because of the charisma.

Yes -- I'm not at home so I don't have my data tables, but I recorded data for a paladin and cleric.

At 100 cha, Paladin got crit resist about 30% of the time on Lull. At 175 CHA, paladin got about 10% crit resist on lull.

Cleric was the same. There is a formula around here, I'll dig through my posts, to find it.

Ripqozko 12-13-2022 06:59 PM

dwarves cant wear robes, automatically worse. hope that helps.

PatChapp 12-13-2022 09:10 PM

150+ is really the sweet spot for paci
255 is best,but below 150 crits are noticeably more frequent.
If you have 130-140 from gear,with the glamour sword you should be ok for regular XP mobs.

zelld52 12-14-2022 11:46 AM

MobRoll = ((((MobMR + MobLevel) / 3) / MobMaxMR()) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

CasterRoll = (((CasterCha + CasterLevel / 3) / CasterMaxCha) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

If the Caster Roll is less than Mob Roll, you get a "Critical" resist, and the mob will aggro.

Rick Sanchez 12-14-2022 02:26 PM

this is why high elf is the ultimate min/max race in this era for paladin.