Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Yet Another Solo Warrior Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=392721)

jadier 10-05-2021 12:49 PM

Farming for a haste item and some nicer weaps then soloing will probably be faster than soloing as is.

Instead of spending forever lfg though, just find a shaman and ask to duo. Necro might work as well, if they aren’t charm killing. Either duo partner would be great.

Tunabros 10-05-2021 02:11 PM

duos are fun

shamans for the win!

if not, druids are neat too

Keebz 10-05-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midoo (Post 3370491)
...haste belt, wielding kunark weapons (acid etched and green jade)...

So you need a haste item and better weapons. For soloing you really want a nice 2hander (Staff of Battle comes to mind) and not fast proccing weapons. If you like dual wielding a Wurmy is surprisingly good. If you're flat broke, I can lend you a Swirlspine Belt, but I go out of town soon so get at me.

I solo'd a bunch on my warriors. I did random trash around CoM on Blue and on Green I did guards in Steamfont and Mistress Anna/4th floor guards in HHK as I was evil. Since you're good though, there's a solo Ogre Bouncer in the Feerrott that should be ideal for you once you get some gear.

Balimon 10-12-2021 04:44 PM

Something that no one mentioned is Yetis in dreadlands. This is a great spot, not sure if your gear is up for it though.

Midoo 10-13-2021 02:53 PM

Update: I gave up and just ended up tanking City of Mist Arena to 48 then Hole entrance after. Warrior is now 50. I won a haste belt from Sky and I invested in a Staff of Battle to solo with and WESS+Kunzar Ku'juch dual wield when tanking.

In my high 40s I could do Iceclad and Eastern Wastes giants. It was a pain in the ass but with enough bandages I could at least get a bubble or two while sitting LFG. The tools I name it earlier make it possible though not optimal. If I had Fungi and Velious weapons I'm pretty sure I could do it consistently.

At 50 I couldn't think of any place I could solo at so I just resigned to doing the Hole all the way to 60.

So yeah, here's the final path I took:
1-5: Starting zone
6-12: Nearby dungeon
13-16: Unrest yard
17-20: Gorge of Xorbb muddites
21-24: EK crag spiders
25-28: South Karana wilderness
29-36: Splitpaw (amazing xp, safe and easy kills-- probably the only fun part to solo)
37-45: Cazic Thule AoF pyramid courtyard (invis ring there then arrow pick blue cons)
46-48: Iceclad Ocean wilderness around the druid ring
48+: Gave up and did the Hole. I assume you can do city guards or Permafrost if you're better geared than I was

wagorf 10-28-2021 09:21 AM

Grats, and Respect, for putting in the effort to level a war without twinking

Eyry 11-05-2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midoo (Post 3374434)
Update: I gave up and just ended up tanking City of Mist Arena to 48 then Hole entrance after. Warrior is now 50. I won a haste belt from Sky and I invested in a Staff of Battle to solo with and WESS+Kunzar Ku'juch dual wield when tanking.

In my high 40s I could do Iceclad and Eastern Wastes giants. It was a pain in the ass but with enough bandages I could at least get a bubble or two while sitting LFG. The tools I name it earlier make it possible though not optimal. If I had Fungi and Velious weapons I'm pretty sure I could do it consistently.

At 50 I couldn't think of any place I could solo at so I just resigned to doing the Hole all the way to 60.

So yeah, here's the final path I took:
1-5: Starting zone
6-12: Nearby dungeon
13-16: Unrest yard
17-20: Gorge of Xorbb muddites
21-24: EK crag spiders
25-28: South Karana wilderness
29-36: Splitpaw (amazing xp, safe and easy kills-- probably the only fun part to solo)
37-45: Cazic Thule AoF pyramid courtyard (invis ring there then arrow pick blue cons)
46-48: Iceclad Ocean wilderness around the druid ring
48+: Gave up and did the Hole. I assume you can do city guards or Permafrost if you're better geared than I was

This.

City of Mist is pretty fun. Sometimes you can group there. If not, just pick mobs off. Pull to ent if you get more than 1. Kill 1 and then zone, wait, then kill other one to break up camp. COM from 45-49ish