Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (/forums/showthread.php?t=418873)

Evia 05-13-2023 08:51 AM

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Anyone playing this rn? What do you think?
I made the fatal mistake of pre-ordering with amazon and so I don't get it until Tuesday. Lmk how you're enjoying it so I can get amped for my copy to arrive!

Seducio 05-13-2023 05:45 PM

Surprised this is the only post. This is where I'm at. If you liked BotW you are in for a treat.

Ekco 05-13-2023 08:19 PM

watched the intro cutscene or whatever, looks like the plot of princess mononoke and link gets his arm infected and loses like 20 hearts.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.8a6e168a...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

wuanahto 05-15-2023 03:57 AM

I cant fucking stop. The sky parts are kinda bleh but the base world is amazing and more full and the underground segments are fucking great.

Spoilers for the lightning temple boss, its a bitch.

Botten 05-15-2023 07:45 AM

Piracy ryjuinx switch emulator hacked switch firmware and prod keys. I believe you can get the game for free on PC now

Ooloo 05-15-2023 10:23 AM

Eh playing it on a PC would suck unless you basically had a switch for control inputs, in which case you might as well just buy it cause it really is amazing.

Like others said if you liked botw you'll love this, and even if you didn't like botw they did a good job of addressing basically every criticism it got so you might still like this. Nintendo still brings it majorly with their 1st party games.

Botten 05-15-2023 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooloo (Post 3610902)
Eh playing it on a PC would suck unless you basically had a switch for control inputs, in which case you might as well just buy it cause it really is amazing.

Like others said if you liked botw you'll love this, and even if you didn't like botw they did a good job of addressing basically every criticism it got so you might still like this. Nintendo still brings it majorly with their 1st party games.

Not like you can not just assign control keys to USB joystick.

But we are talking about Baler :rolleyes:

strongNpretty 05-15-2023 11:10 AM

Love this Zelda game. Couldn't get enough of it this weekend!

Ooloo 05-15-2023 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botten (Post 3610907)
Not like you can not just assign control keys to USB joystick.

But we are talking about Baler :rolleyes:

You could, but it would still suck compared to the actual switch controls. The game, and especially the combat systems, are designed for switch joycons specifically.

Don't be a cheap bastard, pay for your games especially if they're this good.

Not to mention, it's fun as shit to play handheld. I played like 80% of BotW in handheld rather than docked.

Evia 05-16-2023 11:26 AM

Yeah I was up way too late last night playing this. It makes botw feel like it was alpha or beta for what ultimately tears of the kingdom became.