Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Reminder on Forum Rules (/forums/showthread.php?t=361671)

Woke Locc 06-17-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3146260)
Edited for clarity:

But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim :rolleyes:

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? ;) Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.

I just want to know what changes we should expect. The rules haven't been enforced in this section for a long long time. It'll be a bloodbath if users aren't aware things are different now.

Thank you for the effort you put in into not answering my question. ;)

loramin 06-17-2020 07:56 PM

I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question :)

Woke Locc 06-17-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3146273)
I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question :)

All good dude, the last sentence is an attempt at "trolling" as an example or sample text.

Baler 06-17-2020 08:28 PM

This is why we can't have nice things :(
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.

Asteria 06-17-2020 09:51 PM

Thank you, Blistig.

Patriam1066 06-18-2020 02:04 AM

Are all the trannies military veterans? And white? This is how Rome fell

BlackBellamy 06-18-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3146289)
This is why we can't have nice things :(
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.

To be fair the riot thread has run it's course. What should have happened is people should have just stopped posting in it because you know, the thread was about the riots and objectively there are no more riots and everything that needed to be said about them was. Instead we had the mentally ill alt-brigade start their narcissitic circle jerk of doxxing and rape accusations.

I would have preferred the thread locked and whatever the last couple of offending posts deleted instead of the entire thread being thrown into the memory hole because there was a lot of good discussion and points made. Maybe the new guy will understand there are other options besides the nuclear but whatever really.

BiG SiP 10-18-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles (Post 3146266)
i bet you feel pretty silly right now

Asteria 10-28-2020 09:27 AM

bArKs

JDFriend99 02-25-2021 04:41 AM

Shits sick all the way around, even worse online.

Games broken is all Loramin.