Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Root rotting sucks (/forums/showthread.php?t=422088)

long.liam 07-30-2023 10:42 PM

Root rotting sucks

I tried to root rot 10+ goblins in droga. It did not go well. The shaman epic seems to break root even though it does not have a DD on it. It seems to happen close to the end of the epic dot. Seems like the more the DoT does dmg, the higher a chance of a early root break. Plus, all the goblins were dispelling me. The Sks were landing their HTs for full dmg despite me being level 60 with 160 MR. Lifetaps landed a lot as well, also the fire dots. Some the nukes were even landing. I can only conclude that root rotting sucks. The whole fantasy of root rotting 20+ mobs in a row with the shaman epic is a stupid myth.

Toxigen 07-31-2023 09:01 AM

Sorry your level 60 shaman got owned in Droga.

Maybe you can farm something else and buy a salt/skin package?

DeathsSilkyMist 07-31-2023 10:22 AM

Root rotting is good, you just need to know when to use it and when not to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gdAIheodtY - This is an example of root rotting in Velks. I have little trouble keeping the mobs rooted and dotted.

For Droga, I don't root rot as much. JBB is a very nice tool in lower level dungeons, and it breaks root. I will use Epic, JBB, and pet as my damage dealers. https://wiki.project1999.com/Tigir%27s_Insects is a good option to slow multiple mobs at once, so you can simply slow/tank a few goblins at a time while your Epic is ticking on them.

You also do need to be more careful in Droga. The mobs do hit hard for their level, so they can beat you up if you have like 10+ attacking you.

Jafir 07-31-2023 03:30 PM

lol did you just sit there and eat all the spells??

On my Druid I just run thru rooting and epic dotting. LOS the spells. If you face tank all the dispels and shit you’re gunna have a rough time

Also if you’re just farming the trash, do the lower level side and not the inner sanctum. Try to get them as they spawn after the first cycle, or they are gunna buff the fuck up

loramin 07-31-2023 03:51 PM

Which root are you using?

DeathsSilkyMist 07-31-2023 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3630460)

That's a good question, and a good point. You should be using Paralyzing Earth. All of your other roots last 96 seconds or less. Epic lasts 90 seconds (plus a 10 second cast time), so your root is going to wear off near the end of your Epic's duration if it is not Paralyzing Earth.

Snaggles 07-31-2023 06:58 PM

PE should be lasting almost 2.5 mins reliably in Droga unless you’re throwing other dots with a DD component (or JBB’ing). There is a chance of an early root break but it’s not common.

The biggest issue with then sham epic is the range. It works twice as quick as the Druid one but 100 range instead of 200. Mix up your style a bit, try again, I expect it will get better. Realistically I’d prob do like 5 at once.

enjchanter 07-31-2023 07:33 PM

Op didn't know root duration is random

Crede 07-31-2023 09:22 PM

Shaman epic takes 9 sec to cast and lasts 90 seconds. That’s 10 mobs. Technically it’s probably like 6-7 at once when you factor in root/switching targets/canni/etc. Realistically most shamans will root rot around 4-5 mobs tops. So attempting 20 is just a huge waste of time.

long.liam 08-05-2023 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3630460)

I tried Paralyzing earth at 1st, but I found it to be less efficient due to Duration of the Epic dot and the chance of it breaking the root early. I switched to enstill because of cheaper cost and assuming it last full duration it's pretty close to the duration of the epic dot. I got frustrated with trying to find which mob the epic fell off of.