Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NPC Pet spells landing 100% (/forums/showthread.php?t=430036)

Awsten_Tx 03-23-2024 07:13 PM

NPC Pet spells landing 100%

Time to fix this. NPC pet spells, IE Earth pets, land 100% of all root spells despite having extremely high MR and being very low level.

Kavious 03-23-2024 07:30 PM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=390255

Drueric 05-02-2024 07:12 PM

It doesnt land 100%. That is false. I think you just want to never be rooted. Too bad.

Awsten_Tx 05-04-2024 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drueric (Post 3683175)
It doesnt land 100%. That is false. I think you just want to never be rooted. Too bad.

So youve never been to fear... cool. please come comment when you gain a little bit of experience in real zones...

Jimjam 05-04-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awsten_Tx (Post 3683326)
So youve never been to fear... cool. please come comment when you gain a little bit of experience in real zones...

If this is a specific issue you’d like to be addressed you need to provide the full specifics.

Rader 05-04-2024 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3683333)
If this is a specific issue you’d like to be addressed you need to provide the full specifics.

Toko Binlittle (sp?) a level 17 mage in Ocean of Tears, its pet routinely roots my level 50+ character which is blatently BS. Not a game breaker but clearly evidence supporting the OP's claim.

And if unclear why this even happens, I clear Toko and other "pirates" for faction reasons

Drueric 05-05-2024 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rader (Post 3683360)
Toko Binlittle (sp?) a level 17 mage in Ocean of Tears, its pet routinely roots my level 50+ character which is blatently BS. Not a game breaker but clearly evidence supporting the OP's claim.

And if unclear why this even happens, I clear Toko and other "pirates" for faction reasons

Horrible anecdotes dont equal facts. "I got rooted once by a low lvl pet, therefore game broken" is not an argument or proof of any issue.

Rader 05-05-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drueric (Post 3683377)
Horrible anecdotes dont equal facts. "I got rooted once by a low lvl pet, therefore game broken" is not an argument or proof of any issue.

Not once, that is one of my go to camps for the last six+ months and it happens consistently. Go try it your self and see what happens, if you doubt it.

But I am sure if I went there on a 17 mage and had my earth pet try to root a seafury, it would land a lot too, so you're right, no evidence of any thing broken lol

Jimjam 05-06-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rader (Post 3683427)
Not once, that is one of my go to camps for the last six+ months and it happens consistently. Go try it your self and see what happens, if you doubt it.

But I am sure if I went there on a 17 mage and had my earth pet try to root a seafury, it would land a lot too, so you're right, no evidence of any thing broken lol

Across 6th months root from green should land consistently.

Npcs having a 5% min land chance is working as intended.

Rygar 05-06-2024 09:56 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but I think earth elementals cast a different root than the normal spell casting root seen by players and normal NPCs. Something like ElementalRoot?

Its plausible if this is true that perhaps some npc pets are using a spell that is flagged unresistable or extremely high -MR check.

OP seems to be talking about a level 17 NPC earth pet always landing root on a level 57 player. I imagine this is not correct or maybe evidence exists that elemental pet roots were unresistable.

OP: suggest posting a log snippet of just letting this pet melee you and showing the successful root or resist messages. Just afk for 5 mins or something.