Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NPC Spawn Issue: # of sand giants in Oasis (maybe Nro?) (/forums/showthread.php?t=18290)

Lazortag 09-27-2010 09:01 PM

# of sand giants in Oasis (maybe Nro?)

So uh, something I noticed on the Fansy the Famous Bard site (here: http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php) is that in all of his screenshots he has shit-tons of sand giants all following him at once. In screenshots like this one:

http://www.notaddicted.com/images/fansy3.jpg

You can clearly see around 10 sand giants. On p99 I've never seen that many up at once. Is this working as intended (aka it's currently possible, just unlikely that so many could be up at once) or is our server un-classically disallowing for more sand giants to be up at once?

From his screenshots it seems he's in oasis also - I don't know if any of them are in Nro or Sro (I haven't checked that thoroughly) so if the same is true for those zones maybe that should be looked into as well.

Estu 09-27-2010 09:39 PM

Holy crap. Yeah, I only ever see maybe three SGs up at a time in Oasis. That's pretty insane if that's the legit amount.

Aadill 09-27-2010 11:42 PM

Sand Giant so big
Sand Giant so strong
You keep the bad guy out of the sand
And with 10 of you its a marching band
Evil clerics drop with no pain
And your face is beautiful, like Saddam Hussein

Hmmmm

Zallarenya 09-27-2010 11:43 PM

My only explanation would be that Sullon Zek was brand new server. There were lots of lowbies killing placeholders, no one able to kill the SGs, and they accumulated.

Aadill 09-27-2010 11:45 PM

So I decided to take the GM on a tour of Northern Ro... with giants as bodyguards

[Sat Jul 07 23:42:35 2001] You say, 'Derv 1 is one of my favorite spots'
[Sat Jul 07 23:42:53 2001] Pansie shouts, 'GO GO GOOD TEAM!!'
[Sat Jul 07 23:42:55 2001] You say, 'Corp Por'
(evil Derv group gets flattened by the 7 SGs)
[Sat Jul 07 23:43:19 2001] You say, 'Lets see how the Inn is doing'

yt2005 09-28-2010 12:12 AM

Having read the Fansy stories quite a number of times, I still found myself laughing when I read through this thread. Just... awesome.

"NPC Spawn Issue: <SOURCE: FANSY THE BARD>"

I mean, there's no reason not to use it as a source, I just found it funny.

Rhalous 09-28-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zallarenya (Post 150170)
My only explanation would be that Sullon Zek was brand new server. There were lots of lowbies killing placeholders, no one able to kill the SGs, and they accumulated.

This. I remember when Fansy and his trains were happening. I was playing a DE chanter that I rolled at server launch.

Virtuosos 09-28-2010 02:21 AM

I definately recall more Sand giants roaming in oasis, sro, and nro....maybe not 10 per se, but more than 3 in oasis, more than like what...2 in north ro, and maybe 1 in sro? seems like we're missing a few

Alawen Everywhere 09-28-2010 03:21 AM

Our spawns are set up very differently. The way things are now, there seems to be one spawn in North Ro, four in Oasis and four in South Ro. They've got a specific placeholder, it's one of the kinds of zombies I think. The seem to spawn sand giants somewhere around 25% of the time.

On live, I think any of the undead spawns could make a sand giant, but I think the chance of a giant spawn was much lower. And yes, the big trains early on SZ were before anyone could kill a sand giant.

The hill giants in East and North Karana and Rathe Mountains don't act quite like live, either. The spiders in East Karana could respawn hill giants and so could the basilisks in Rathe Mountains. When I ran out of HGs, I rounded up all the placeholders and slaughtered them. That doesn't work here. I'm not quite sure how North Karana is supposed to work, but I remember getting slaughtered by a roaming Grimfeather in southern parts of the zone.

Brut 09-28-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere (Post 150248)
I'm not quite sure how North Karana is supposed to work, but I remember getting slaughtered by a roaming Grimfeather in southern parts of the zone.

OT as it may be, I think Grim spawns on a stationary griffin near the bridge here.