Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Best trio to self farm gear/dungeons (/forums/showthread.php?t=420246)

trevellyan06 06-12-2023 05:51 AM

Best trio to self farm gear/dungeons

What's the best trio of classes to do dungeons and self farm gear as you level?

spoil 06-12-2023 06:09 AM

Enchanter and cleric are the necessary components, third spot is flexible.

trevellyan06 06-12-2023 06:20 AM

Could the cleric be replaced with like a shaman?

Degalian 06-12-2023 08:58 AM

Depends on how far u want to go and if it will be self found only.

For Dungeon you need Split/CC, Tank, Heal, Snare and preferably have slow and evac/ports.

Here are some possible Trios:

Dru, Shammi, SK
Dru, Shammi, Monk
Dru, Mage, Mage
Dru, Mage, Sham
Dru, Mage, Bard
Necro, Bard, Shammi
Enc, Cler, SK
Mage, Mage, Mage (3 earth pets works for runners)
Cler, Enc, Enc (rely on root for runners).

If you take every room prepared, you can prolly rush them.
It all depends on what exactly you want to do. For anything apart from high level Dungeons you can always work it out so long as you don't go there too early.

DeathsSilkyMist 06-12-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevellyan06 (Post 3617507)

Shaman/Enchanter/Monk is one of the best trios at 60 when the Shaman has Torpor and the Enchanter has all of their spells, if you are planning on doing end game farming.

Before level 60 the Shaman's healing isn't great, so you will need to be more careful. Still shouldn't be a huge deal due to the amount of slows and CC both the Shaman and Enchanter can dish out.

As long as Dial-a-Port is around, having a dedicated Wizard or Druid in a trio for ports is more of a luxury than a necessity.

spoil 06-12-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevellyan06 (Post 3617507)

I wouldn't. Cleric buffs, heals and having that 90% rez available from 50-60 is just too much utility to pass up.

DeathsSilkyMist 06-12-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoil (Post 3617582)
I wouldn't. Cleric buffs, heals and having that 90% rez available from 50-60 is just too much utility to pass up.

It mostly depends on what OP's trio wants to farm, and at what level. If they take a standard leveling path and farm gear after they are a bit over leveled for the content, you really don't need a cleric. Enchanter, Shaman, and Monk can solo to 60 just fine, and when you solo you don't have a cleric.

Vexenu 06-12-2023 09:18 PM

Enchanter/Cleric/Necro

Stupidly powerful and versatile dungeon trio that needs very little gear to boot. Any other answer is wrong.

Jimjam 06-13-2023 07:19 AM

3 enchanters pretending to solo so each enc can sit on a different named and claim camp.

Enchanter, cleric and druid could be cool too. Druid is mainly there to help with logistics for selling unwanted loot, moving camps but also can help woth snare, charm, regen, ds i guess.

Higher level maybe wiz would be better (than druid) just for opening up hate to sell loot rights.

eqravenprince 06-13-2023 12:43 PM

I guess I look at this question different than most. Self farm gear is way more fun with classes that can't solo nakid in my opinion. Just do 3 troll or ogres, one of each class. 2 of the 3 classes will really benefit from each upgrade.