Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   C'moooon (/forums/showthread.php?t=416084)

MyBallasagna 03-04-2023 09:29 PM

C'moooon

So I probably stand alone but I'm just curious, as much as I love old school vanilla EQ and P99.. can I play with up to date graphics? I have a group of friends I've been trying to get on board to play the game with, and they've even said the game looks fun and they would enjoy the challenge. The only thing stopping them is the graphics. They're prissy of course, but I can understand it in some sense where they are coming from. They've never played Everquest and they're coming to try out a 20 year old game. Keep all the mechanics. Keep it P99, just give me an option to not play with minecraft characters and let me enjoy the astetics of all this loot I've worked so hard to get via current graphics.

Cen 03-07-2023 01:32 PM

I don't have any add-ons but whenever viewers see my titanium client everyone asks what's up with it and says that my graphics are like modern EQ, just with the old character models. One of kraddoks videos he even makes a comment about my client on it. I have no idea how or why it looks the way it does but apparently the parrot sign at the green blood guild is a good indicator if you have what I have. for me the sign is of a photorealistic parrot, but it seems like everyone else has this other kind of cartoon parrot, at least that's what kraddok video says

Toxigen 03-07-2023 01:59 PM

calm down harry

Infectious 03-07-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBallasagna (Post 3584177)
So I probably stand alone but I'm just curious, as much as I love old school vanilla EQ and P99.. can I play with up to date graphics? I have a group of friends I've been trying to get on board to play the game with, and they've even said the game looks fun and they would enjoy the challenge. The only thing stopping them is the graphics. They're prissy of course, but I can understand it in some sense where they are coming from. They've never played Everquest and they're coming to try out a 20 year old game. Keep all the mechanics. Keep it P99, just give me an option to not play with minecraft characters and let me enjoy the astetics of all this loot I've worked so hard to get via current graphics.

Click Cen(the post below) sig below and check out some of his how to tutorial videos on YouTube.

TercerRigo 03-07-2023 02:23 PM

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-announcement/

Just have to make nvidia add d3d8 support, and then have the p99 devs allow it.

edit : oops, they will have d3d8.

Woke 03-07-2023 02:45 PM

imagine using the word prissy in 2023

Crenshinabon 03-07-2023 03:44 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Visual_Enhancements

EQ Enhanced HD at this link is fully supported and looks fantastic. Still very blocky, but its waaaaay more sharp and HD. I am a huge fan of this.

Trexller 03-07-2023 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woke (Post 3585407)
imagine using the word prissy in 2023

cat

Cen 03-08-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infectious (Post 3585363)
Click Cen(the post below) sig below and check out some of his how to tutorial videos on YouTube.

No tutorial I have for P99 is related to his question. I haven't run any add-ons or anything, I just use the normal client.

jamssyyy 05-20-2023 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyBallasagna (Post 3584177)

I completely understand where you're coming from. EverQuest has its own charm with the old-school graphics, but I also appreciate the desire for a more visually appealing experience. While the official EverQuest servers may not offer updated graphics, there are options available that might cater to your preferences. There are private servers, like Project 1999 (P99), that aim to recreate the classic EverQuest experience. However, I'm not aware of any official updates or modifications to enhance the graphics while keeping the core mechanics intact.