Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Character Creation - You can only pick Race or Deity (/forums/showthread.php?t=421928)

cd288 07-27-2023 01:53 PM

Character Creation - You can only pick Race or Deity

Thought it might be interesting to see peoples' responses to this. Class is completely randomized. You only get to pick either your Race or your Deity...the one you don't select is also completely randomized.

What are you picking and why? What would be the absolute best outcome for you from the randomization? What would be the absolute worst in your opinion?

Toxigen 07-27-2023 01:56 PM

Agnostic

DeathsSilkyMist 07-27-2023 02:17 PM

I think it would depend on if your thought experiment allows any combination of race/deity/class, even if it is not possible on P99.

If your thought experiment does not allow any combination of race/deity/class, you cannot really random certain things. For example, if you pick Veeshan, you will always end up as a Bard with a random race.

cd288 07-27-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3629198)
I think it would depend on if your thought experiment allows any combination of race/deity/class, even if it is not possible on P99.

If your thought experiment does not allow any combination of race/deity/class, you cannot really random certain things. For example, if you pick Veeshan, you will always end up as a Bard with a random race.

You're bound by whatever the deity or race is permitted to select. So, for instance, you couldn't end up as a Shaman if you didn't select a Race that can be a Shaman.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-27-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3629201)
You're bound by whatever the deity or race is permitted to select. So, for instance, you couldn't end up as a Shaman if you didn't select a Race that can be a Shaman.

I am also assuming you aren't going to let people continue to random until they get what they want, which would basically defeat the purpose of this thought experiment.

I'd pick Veeshan as my diety, which guarantees I will become a bard. Bard race doesn't really matter, so that would be the best option. Bard will be a good first class to farm items and plat without gear.

Picking human as your race would be the worst option, as you have the lowest probability of getting the class you want.

cd288 07-27-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3629202)
I am also assuming you aren't going to let people continue to random until they get what they want, which would basically defeat the purpose of this thought experiment.

I'd pick Veeshan as my diety, which guarantees I will become a bard. Bard race doesn't really matter, so that would be the best option. Bard will be a good first class to farm items and plat without gear.

Picking human as your race would be the worst option, as you have the lowest probability of getting the class you want.

Yeah assume you can random only once. It's just a thought exercise.

Guaranteeing Bard is a good choice

Toxigen 07-27-2023 02:42 PM

If I had to go race id pick Iksar because no matter what class you're not gonna be disappointed.

cd288 07-27-2023 02:59 PM

Yeah I was thinking that as well. Decent warrior/SK. No JBB for Shaman, but the racial regen is great. Monk and Necro master race obviously. And 3/5 classes can solo as needed.

DeathsSilkyMist 07-27-2023 03:08 PM

Yeah Iksar is a good choice. Racial regen, and all the classes are solid. You have a lower chance of getting Warrior when compared to Troll/Ogre, which means you have a higher chance of rolling a class that can solo.

4/5 Iksar classes can solo. Warrior is the only one who will struggle. Monks, SKs, and Necros get FD. Shamans have root and gate. The four classes have at least one built in method for survivial when soloing. The Monk/SK will just be a bit slower until they can get a decent weapon.

Crede 07-28-2023 05:27 PM

Troll.

Regen, slam, huge stats, and kunark clickies/snare necklace. Best overall race imo