Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Why doesn't anybody hunt Iksar guards? (/forums/showthread.php?t=388086)

Gugg 07-15-2021 04:46 PM

Why doesn't anybody hunt Iksar guards?

I see Iksar hunting newbie guards but nobody hunting Iksar newbie guards...why is that?

The other day I ran to the guards in Misty Thicket for help only to find them dead.

Never had that problem in Cabalis.

Krazy/sickpuppy 07-15-2021 05:05 PM

Moved this to resolved op is a pussy

Gugg 07-15-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy (Post 3334111)
Moved this to resolved op is a pussy

You made it so you can attack but can't be attacked? That makes you the bitch not me.

Gugg 07-15-2021 05:13 PM

Game Suggestion:

Give Iksar guards a reason to be slaughtered by team good.

Hunting evil should be profitable and I bet their pockets are deep so make them drop a nice amount of pp and some nice items.

And make it so that newbie Iksar can't do anything about it just like newbie halfings can't in Rivervale.

This is called 'equality'.

Gugg 07-15-2021 05:21 PM

Why are people even hunting guards anyway?

Back in my day people didn't hunt guards.

What happened?

When did hunting guards become a thing and why does it only seem to be hunting good race guards that's profitable?

Nek is full of DE.
Cabalis is full of Lizards.
Rivervale is full of Lizards killing halfings.

In Paineel they are killing the guards too I couldn't get the key to get the elevator.

Killing bad guards = bad
Killing good guards = good

Why is that?

JDAm0nk 07-15-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gugg (Post 3334117)
Why are people even hunting guards anyway?

Back in my day people didn't hunt guards.

People were hunting guards all the time when I played during the Kunark era. Not sure when your day was?

If you go to Neriak, Grobb, or Oggok characters are consistently killing the guards. These are all popular because they are a good source of steady platinum and XP.

I believe that Kunark iksar guards are more difficult than their old world counterparts (higher level, more MR & HP etc) which is why you don't see people farming them.

JDAm0nk 07-15-2021 05:35 PM

Whoops! Didn't realize this was Red server discussion. I can't speak to what guards are being killed there - my apologies.

Tassador 07-19-2021 04:05 PM

Hi I kill mindless npc’s on an old game that nobody plays. Can somebody please help me with my mental aids???

Baler 07-19-2021 04:21 PM

Iksar Guards are OP compared to other race's huntable Guards.

Gustoo 07-19-2021 04:52 PM

People hunt guards especially here because they are static spawn higher level mobs in non threatening dungeon zones so you can AFK kill them all day long with a timer and constantly get platinum and levels with basically zero effort.