Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HUGE LEVELING EXPLOIT! (/forums/showthread.php?t=55948)

umadbro 11-28-2011 01:55 PM

HUGE LEVELING EXPLOIT!

Currently this server has a HUGE leveling exploit several of its' well-known people here (on the forums) have abused to level up. The mob is located in Misty Thicket. The name of the spawn is Slaythe.

He is used in a quest called Avenger Battle Axe.

"Bronin Higginsbot is sometimes found in Rivervale and sometimes near the southern tower in Misty Thicket. When you ask Bronin about the Emerald shard, he says he will give it to you if you do a small favor. Apparently a bounty hunter by the name of Slaythe is after him. He says if you return a piece of his body, he will give you the emerald. Slaythe is beyond the wall in Misty Thicket. He appears to be a Froglok (around level 21 or so)! He hops around between the Orc camp and the wall. You may have to talk to Bronin to get him to spawn. If you defeat him, you get a froglok leg (lore item), a few gold, and the following faction adjustments: Frogloks of Kurnak gets worse and Sarnak, Swamp Giants of Kurnak and Iskar get better...."

Apparently there are people abusing this quest and spawning Slaythe instantly (see above for the portion of the quest where you are to slay him to advance the quest). I personally know people who have gained 6 levels (15-21) in just one night from exploiting him.

Here is a rather small list of players I know for a fact who have abused Slaythe:
  • Masterkova (Lovely)
  • Darwoth
  • Salty

What bothers me the most is these players chose not to report this exploit, instead they chose to abuse it. This server is suppose to remain as close to classic as possible. I'm pretty sure classic had no instant spawning mobs to experience on...the main thing is the above players and anyone else who has abused this leveling exploit chose to take advantage of it, hurting our server and making it unfair to the rest of population who is leveling the right way.

Smedy 11-28-2011 01:58 PM

this true? time 2 take a week break on the bench for these dawgs maybe

Samoht 11-28-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umadbro (Post 477311)
Frogloks of Kurnak gets worse and Sarnak, Swamp Giants of Kurnak and Iskar get better....

Sounds like this quest shouldn't even be in.

gloinz 11-28-2011 02:00 PM

thx for reporting exploits undercover brother +2 pvp champ points

rollback those ho's

Palemoon 11-28-2011 02:00 PM

Should be investigated and time outs issued.

Slave 11-28-2011 02:01 PM

He was an extremely rare spawn in Classic, I don't know why you can talk him into spawning here.

I've seen Erage do this as well.

Amuk 11-28-2011 02:11 PM

Just like they argued to keep recharging wands in so they can farm a bunch of them, aoe every guard in misty down then recharge from guard plat - these guys are in it to grease every advantage they can lool.

Tombom 11-28-2011 02:13 PM

show em some pine papa rog

Nirgon 11-28-2011 02:25 PM

Gloinz confirmed legit calling for roll back of guildies. Let's keep this legit folks. Roll backs should be in order.

Galanteer 11-28-2011 02:37 PM

I should be used to it by now, but I still shake my head and wonder why these people even play.....and even more so, that they consider themselves good at this game.