Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery (/forums/showthread.php?t=426153)

Evia 11-25-2023 10:01 PM

World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Anyone planning on trying this out?
If so, we should coordinate a server to start on.

The server launches the 30th. I'll be rolling horde and I still dunno what class yet.

For those that don't know about this...
It's a new wow classic server where they're going to change a lot of classes mechanics via a rune system. The runes have abilities/skills that you find exploring and plug them into your armor like a d2 style gem.

It looks like it could be fun or it could be retail wow bs slapped onto classic wow. We will see!

unsunghero 11-26-2023 12:14 AM

My co-worker won’t stop talkin about how he’s going to make a tank rogue

Sounds interesting but I couldn’t even be suckered into playing hardcore. I act interested but I am a Frosted Flake when it comes to follow through sometimes

Lune 11-26-2023 03:34 AM

I'll almost certainly try it at some point-- most likely very casually, unfortunately, due to being very busy irl

Rager and Quitter 11-26-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3663134)
My co-worker won’t stop talkin about how he’s going to make a tank rogue

Sounds interesting but I couldn’t even be suckered into playing hardcore. I act interested but I am a Frosted Flake when it comes to follow through sometimes

It's weird because I often really love the idea of playing something like this, but then find it's not as much fun as I fantasized in my head, then I quit after like a week.

magnetaress 11-26-2023 01:04 PM

Pass butt won't judge if you do it for a quick wow fix. Honestly it's a fun idea.

I hate blizzard. R.i.p.

Evia 11-26-2023 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter (Post 3663211)
It's weird because I often really love the idea of playing something like this, but then find it's not as much fun as I fantasized in my head, then I quit after like a week.

this is my fear. ive theory crafted a bunch of fun builds on paper, but im worried it wont be as awesome in execution as i'm expecting.

I hear there will be a RP-PVP server, so i'll likely roll on that. IDK if there will be more than one of them.

Botten 11-26-2023 10:30 PM

Definitely interested but I won't get to delicate time to it like I want too. But will pay for it.

Evia 11-28-2023 02:32 AM

I think i'm going to try a moonglow resto druid with the free wrath rune. feels like it might play similar to an eq shaman with a jbb. focus on healing mainly while blastin' shit down with wrath.

https://www.wowhead.com/classic/tale..._156pr76pha6pc

Rager and Quitter 11-28-2023 10:29 AM

Lol, not even sure how I stumbled on this.

Swish 11-28-2023 03:05 PM

Yeah raids are gonna be crazy with all the custom shit.