Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   When asking for a port (/forums/showthread.php?t=276460)

westtell4 06-25-2017 05:27 PM

When asking for a port

When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you

skarlorn 06-25-2017 05:29 PM

Hi

are you porting?

Jaleth 06-25-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westtell4 (Post 2546819)
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but deep down we really don't want to

Wut?

Sorn 06-25-2017 05:58 PM

I actually do not like people sending my druid tells stating simply "Need port from xx to xx", but then again I'm not in DaP, so...

nostalgiaquest 06-25-2017 06:14 PM

The story is part of the fun. With a little sweet talking I sometimes get a port for free.

Put all your gear into your bags and sell it as a corpse run. The art of the deal homie!

Tuurin 06-25-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westtell4 (Post 2546819)
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you

Ah, the Asperger's is strong in you, young padawan...

Lhancelot 06-25-2017 06:49 PM

A lot of times in the past I have had porters with DAP tag up, not respond, or say, "oops I accidentally had tag up I am not porting now..." Which lead me to sometimes start with, "are you porting?"

This is a personal preference for you, to want people to directly tell you X to X in the first tell.

Some probably don't like this way of asking for a port, so it's just a matter of taste.

This should be in RnF. It's 100% a rant. :D

Tupakk 06-26-2017 12:12 AM

I feel your pain OP sometimes when I am in the groove and I get a Hi my reply back is Hi. I also don't mind some of the converstion sometimes as well it really depends on my mood.

Stay strong and don't let them get to ya.

fash 06-26-2017 12:30 AM

You seem rustled. You should join red server, where you can port people you dislike to plane of hate or north karana druid rings (if evil race).

Kenzi 06-26-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash (Post 2546984)
You seem rustled. You should join red server, where you can port people you dislike to plane of hate or north karana druid rings (if evil race).

sometimes i think red only exists so retards can try and sell it on the forums