Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: mage epic pet (/forums/showthread.php?t=178785)

ElemtalRZ 03-23-2015 05:24 PM

I just love playing a class that has the absolute most extensive epic in game to watch that epic become utterly useless against any bard that spends 18 plat for a song and has 50 mana to sing it. Yesterday I watched a dark blue bard charm my pet ( I'm lvl 46 ). Was pitiful. I still made him zone though.

Colgate 03-23-2015 05:29 PM

bard song costs 20 mana, not 50

ElemtalRZ 03-25-2015 10:19 PM

Anymore feedback?

Coffee 03-26-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1830572)
If the epic pet's resists were correct here and putting resist magic on it had the effect that giving it did had on live... you wouldn't be worried about these getting bard charmed ever (unless dispelled/tashed).

Box Emperor Haynar just gave us a humongous / awesome patch. Maybe resist magic on pets and epic mage pet runspeed/resist will get a look next round.

pet needs resists boost

also

Quote:

- Pets can no longer be affected by charm spells. This should fix the issue that caused charm spells to make pets disappear.
clearly identified as an "issue", are we going with "its classic leave known bug in" or "in the spirit of PvP, we understand this was identified as unintentional, and will fix it for balance" ?

SamwiseRed 03-26-2015 02:32 PM

ive come to the conclusion that classic was one giant beta test filled with bugs and exploits.

derpcake 03-26-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamwiseRed (Post 1834560)
ive come to the conclusion that classic was one giant beta test filled with bugs and exploits.

A few hours after kunark had launched, people were foraging VS legs in OT. Guy on server got cobalt legs that way.

Yea, it might have been a bit iffy.

ElemtalRZ 04-06-2015 02:40 AM

Just ran some test on the epic pet with a cleric 2 levels lower than me casting a lvl 8 root on the pet it landed on the pet 100% of the time. Really, is this classic? Using a lvl 8 spell to root a epic pet does not seem very classic to me....

Crazycloud 04-06-2015 10:51 AM

Hey noob, the level of the spell shouldn't matter.

A lvl 4 root spell should land the same amount as a lvl 49 root spell, tis is classic.

I agree that the innate MR of the pet should be a tad higher but what really made pets sick in classic was when you gave them MR buff they resist root/snare a TON. I would pell epic pets before i ever snared/rooted them on live. Pelling epic pets was a must.

Just randomly adding in high MR to a NPC pet with no way to counter it would be stupid. CCing an epic pet should be easy if its fully pelled.

Coffee 04-07-2015 09:52 AM

in my experience both against and as an epic mage:

root lands majority of the time (not sure if MR is helping it resist roots or not)
fear resists majority of the time (feels like 100% resist with MR)

anecdotal placeholder, have not tested, yet

Nirgon 04-07-2015 03:28 PM

cannot find prof on epic mage pet tho

o well

*loots cobalt scar key and zones into western wastes*