Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Question: Faction Freeport Militia (/forums/showthread.php?t=429820)

adm5893 03-14-2024 03:56 PM

Question: Faction Freeport Militia

Due to the Soulfire quest, my Freeport Mlitia is obviously cratered and my paladin is KOS.

Is it possible to fix this and has anyone attempted this? How long did it take and what did you do?

Thank you

jolanar 03-14-2024 04:10 PM

If you are bottom of the barrel faction I'm not sure wolf form gives a high enough faction boost to allow you to turn in most quests, but it might.

To avoid the above problem, try turning in Orc Scalps and Gnoll Scalps in High Hold Pass is likely your best route. Either way it's going to take a very long time.

Are you aware you can just take the sewers to get to NFP? There is basically no real need to have good militia faction.

adm5893 03-14-2024 04:23 PM

Yes I am but when I return from Sky I always get ganked by the dark forces in the sewer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 3678561)
If you are bottom of the barrel faction I'm not sure wolf form gives a high enough faction boost to allow you to turn in most quests, but it might.

To avoid the above problem, try turning in Orc Scalps and Gnoll Scalps in High Hold Pass is likely your best route. Either way it's going to take a very long time.

Are you aware you can just take the sewers to get to NFP? There is basically no real need to have good militia faction.

WarpathEQ 03-14-2024 04:52 PM

Its possible and relatively easy to fix. I just factioned an Ogre Shaman so I could bank in FP. Easiest way is to kill Orcs, which naturally give Knights of truth faction and then turn in the deathfist belts for Freeport Militia faction

https://wiki.project1999.com/Deathfist_Slashed_Belts (you want to do the evil version (freeport militia))

Initially you'll need a druid to wolf form you to turn them in until you're no longer KOS so I would recommend filling all your bags with Belts and turning them in together. It probably takes around 100 belts to go from scowling to non-kos.

Another easy quest you can repeat over and over very quickly is:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Note_for_Rebby

It spans over 2 zones (EFP and WFP) so this is a lot easier to do once you're no longer KOS so you can do it without wolf form. Be careful as there was an NPC I was still KOS to near Rebby but they didn't hit very hard so was plenty of opportunity to complete the turn in and zone out the agro. I was using this to faction with the merchants until I determined that I didn't need to be non-kos to the bankers in NFP I could just bank outside of line of sight.

Whyt 03-15-2024 01:07 AM

I did this one for my paladin - it's tedious but no negative faction hits went from max KOS to Amiable - took a bit but not bad at all.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Inert_Potion_Quest

The Slansin Denvin portion is the part i did - worked like a charm.

Swish 03-23-2024 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarpathEQ (Post 3678567)
I just factioned an Ogre Shaman so I could bank in FP.

If you can invis or sneak to a bank...definitely do the wall trick. It'll save you a ton of time and works in a number of places.

North Freeport, Neriak, Felwithe, Highkeep (if Bosec is dead or out of the room, stand in the right corner), Paineel, and some others.

https://i.imgur.com/QeeK5bK.png

If they can't see you, they can't kill you ;)

cd288 03-25-2024 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adm5893 (Post 3678563)
Yes I am but when I return from Sky I always get ganked by the dark forces in the sewer.

No one in your guild can invis you?

Separately, what lvl is your pally? If you're like 60 or close just get a sow and run through, you should be able to survive the few guards whacking on you till you get to the NFP ZL. Then you can take the other sewers out to the newbie yard in west FP.

Snaggles 03-26-2024 04:45 PM

There isn’t much of a reason to fix the faction. Even in the low levels a cloudy potion or ring click trivializes the issue. With SoW at 60 you can train wherever you want and you even get DA at 55.

If none of these options are appealing, I would train east to west FP (or lull/root as needed). The same from west to north. Take the sewer from North to West and you won’t run into any evils.