Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Frustrated with the banning of accounts (/forums/showthread.php?t=46951)

akahdrin 08-29-2011 08:06 PM

Frustrated with the banning of accounts

First off, I wasn't banned. I come back after a year in Korea and I find out a huge chunk of the server was suspended. Then I see they showed leniency as a 1 time nice thing. So I went back and read through the server rules.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

These were posted in November of 2009. ---Any type of program or script that gives you an unfair advantage (eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are.(eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are."--- The rules are not new and why would you go back on your own rules regardless of how many people did it. Do you really want them to keep playing, the server will only gain by their departure.

Why did you show them lenience? I don't want to play with cheaters and since coming back after this year, there were a lot of new names I've never seen and who am I to know who is who? If they need a hack to play the game, they are probably not good at the game. Good players don't need unfair advantages, only poor players do. Please let us identify them easier.

If you're going to let them get off soft, yes soft, a 6 level loss with level 60 gear is easily gained back and only sets them back a little bit with a plat loss being easily avoided especially if they have an alt account that they don't 2 box with as a mule, at least give them a title of "the Cheater" or "the Judged" so we can easily avoid them.

This disgusts me, that any of you would need to cheat at this game. I hope they GM's change their minds and just wipe everything from your account but the character but knock it down to level 1 with no items. The only perk you get is the ability to keep your name. Even that to me is too much though, but yea, let us identify them or give us a list of who did it. I would gladly print it and keep it handy to avoid them.

-Camillo

Harrison 08-29-2011 08:16 PM

Thread should be: "Frustrated with LACK of banning of accounts."

These toolbags will be back and running. Most already are.

akahdrin 08-29-2011 08:19 PM

I'm still confused why they need to cheat. The game has every resource already on the internet. Mob locations, spawn times, items, everything really. If you need showeq, maybe you should make friends with a ranger, they'll find it for you.

Slathar 08-29-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akahdrin (Post 381135)
I'm still confused why they need to cheat. The game has every resource already on the internet. Mob locations, spawn times, items, everything really. If you need showeq, maybe you should make friends with a ranger, they'll find it for you.

because using macroquest/seq gives them an extra edge so they can better live out their best guild fantasy on a 500 person nostalgia server. i can only imagine what kind of wildly successful person cheats on an emulator.

Galacticus 08-29-2011 08:32 PM

http://deepthought2009.files.wordpre.../game-face.jpg

Turn that frown, upside down.

Harrison 08-29-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slathar (Post 381141)
because using macroquest/seq gives them an extra edge so they can better live out their best guild fantasy on a 500 person nostalgia server.

672 on right now, genius.

Kimmie 08-29-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akahdrin (Post 381112)
Why did you show them lenience?

Humerox 08-29-2011 08:51 PM

I'm on the fence about that, myself. Balancing such a player-base blow would be cause for concern.

However, I think every toon should be outed, and let the community decide what to do about them. They are getting off way too easy, but an outright ban on so many accounts isn't good.

Let us know who they are...they have no right to anonymity. They committed a grievance against every fair-minded person and guild on the server.

Ektar 08-29-2011 08:54 PM

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...etter-1934.jpg

RandySlopeJr 08-29-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akahdrin (Post 381112)
First off, I wasn't banned. I come back after a year in Korea and I find out a huge chunk of the server was suspended. Then I see they showed leniency as a 1 time nice thing. So I went back and read through the server rules.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

These were posted in November of 2009. ---Any type of program or script that gives you an unfair advantage (eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are.(eg. MacroQuest, ShowEQ or packet modification) will result in an instant ban with no lenience. Cheating will be ruled with an iron first regardless of who you are."--- The rules are not new and why would you go back on your own rules regardless of how many people did it. Do you really want them to keep playing, the server will only gain by their departure.

Why did you show them lenience? I don't want to play with cheaters and since coming back after this year, there were a lot of new names I've never seen and who am I to know who is who? If they need a hack to play the game, they are probably not good at the game. Good players don't need unfair advantages, only poor players do. Please let us identify them easier.

If you're going to let them get off soft, yes soft, a 6 level loss with level 60 gear is easily gained back and only sets them back a little bit with a plat loss being easily avoided especially if they have an alt account that they don't 2 box with as a mule, at least give them a title of "the Cheater" or "the Judged" so we can easily avoid them.

This disgusts me, that any of you would need to cheat at this game. I hope they GM's change their minds and just wipe everything from your account but the character but knock it down to level 1 with no items. The only perk you get is the ability to keep your name. Even that to me is too much though, but yea, let us identify them or give us a list of who did it. I would gladly print it and keep it handy to avoid them.

-Camillo

GM are hipocrits when it comes to guilds that they belong too.They only bann when it not friends of theres.Ask the GM why TMO wasnt disbanded for hacking all theses months?